Question about English Extension I (1 Viewer)

Banks

HSC
Okay so basically I'm coming to the end of my preliminary year and I currently do 13 units which are: Advanced English,Studies of Religion (2U), General Maths 2, Business Studies, Visual Arts, Design & Technology and an extension Photography course.Now in year 12 my Photography extension does not carry on because I purely did it because Visual Art is my priority (which I shouldn't have but I can't help but love it) and it's been helpful in constructing my essays. In Year 12 however which I'll be starting next term I've considered looking for an alternative as my results for General Maths 2 and Studies of Religion (2U) are average. Currently my marks calculated for the year so far:

Advanced English 80%
Visual Arts 88.5%
Design and Technology 85%
Business Studies 75%
Photography Extension 92%
General Maths 2 60%
Studies of Religion 2U 55%

I'm happy with all my subjects (I'm reluctant in Business but I'll probably try stick into it Year 12) however I want to drop General Maths 2 as a whole as 1) I don't have faith in it and 2) the teaching department is kind of poor which I'm not blaming for my results but I need to know I have faith in the subjects I do. Also since I go to a Catholic school Religion is compulsory so I'm thinking for Year 12 of going down to 1U so my subjects would look like this:

Advanced English
Design and Technology
Visual Arts
Business Studies
Studies of Religion 1U

But that's only 9. So basically my problem is I need an extra unit to make up for that otherwise I'll have to either do General Maths 2U or Religion 2U. I was thinking since I generally enjoy English and think I'm doing pretty good in Advanced I was thinking of perhaps asking if I could pick up Extension English. For me it'd just be a hell lot easier as basically all my subjects require extended response as well as essays and to do a random unit of Maths seems illogical to me plus I'm not very good at Math nor does it comply with the courses I want to do after school. Straight to the point: is there anyway I can pick up Extension I in Year 12 to make up 10 units? Or is there any alternatives anyone can suggest?

Sorry for it being so long, just really confused at the way UAC has worded it like if I do Advanced English I can do English Extension

Last edited:

Machiavelli1

HSC
No, you need to have done the preliminary course to do HSC. I'm not sure about this but I think at tafe they do both preliminary and HSC in the one year, so you could possibly do that.

Banks

HSC
No, you need to have done the preliminary course to do HSC. I'm not sure about this but I think at tafe they do both preliminary and HSC in the one year, so you could possibly do that.
Do you have a link of any sort?

I was thinking of asking the Extension teacher and trying to see if there was anyway I could somehow complete the prelim + HSC. My fault really for not thinking how'd this affect me at the start of Year 11 nor having any clue but I'll see what I can do. I haven't finished Year 11 yet so I'm hoping there is at least someway I can loop around it or at least plead my case as to why I chose Photography over English Extension, I mean they're both very similar in constructing essays so I might just attempt and if I'm unsuccessful I guess I'll have to stick it out in Studies of Religion 2U

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)