Eng. Ext. Assessment weighted at 15 percent have large bearing on Final mark e.g. E4 (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
just had my first Eng. Ext essay on After the Bomb as the assessment task. Not too confident as I spent far too much time on one argument, and only wrote half a page for other too arguments, without proper conclusion. It was a time management issue. not feeling very confident, however I'm trying to put it behind me and focus on future assessments, and hoping the teacher will be lenient and hopefully give me something like a C...or a B...?
However, it was weighted at 15 %, If I do absolutely horrible in this, will it affect my chances of getting an E4. It isn't much compared to trials, but would doing well in this assessment ensure I can reach an E4, or would it make it a lot harder to get an E4. (I don't mind getting a high E3, if I can reap the benefits. Because there's not much point doing an extension subject if your getting an E2 because your doing so so much work, which might not help with your ATAR.
Around what mark do you have to get for Ext. English to get an E4 or get the benefits of scaling?
Will this 15 percent assessment task that I didn't do well majorly affect my marks. Or make life harder for me, so I have to do better?

Erique

Writ in water
HSC
Re: Eng. Ext. Assessment weighted at 15 percent have large bearing on Final mark e.g.

Wow. First of all, calm down.

Secondly, focus on your future assessments. The past is the past. Improve your time management skills with handwriting exercises (5 minute brainstorm, tally up the terms).

Finally, no. Fucking up one task hardly jeopardises your chances at an E4 unless you get a zero and fall to the bottom of the cohort, at which point you can pick yourself back up at this early stage.

BTW I responded to one of your threads regarding Romanticism. Now you're doing After the Bomb? How come?

Last edited:

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
Re: Eng. Ext. Assessment weighted at 15 percent have large bearing on Final mark e.g.

yes. I am doing Romanticism!! I don't know why I put After the Bomb, my friend in the other ext. class does after the bomb, might have been thinking about that. sorry, yes it is Romanticism. lol.
thanks, this is reassuring. Appreciate your reply, your ATAR really inspires me as I do modern, ancient, 3 unit history like u did and you did phenomenally well. What are you studying in uni? :)

Erique

Writ in water
HSC

yes. I am doing Romanticism!! I don't know why I put After the Bomb, my friend in the other ext. class does after the bomb, might have been thinking about that. sorry, yes it is Romanticism. lol.
thanks, this is reassuring. Appreciate your reply, your ATAR really inspires me as I do modern, ancient, 3 unit history like u did and you did phenomenally well. What are you studying in uni? :)
Haha fair enough. No problem.

I'm studying Arts (History)/Law this year.

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A

cool. how are you finding it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)