How to improve/ study for Extension English 1 or Romanticism? (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I've just got back my first essay for an assessment 1 in which I just scored 10/ 15, relieved that it isn't any worse, but also disappointed because it was bordering on a C range essay according to the teacher.
My teacher stated I lacked sophistication in my writing, for example I used words as "along with this idea" which is apparently poor expression. I studied pretty hard, and wrote a lot but she said that it wasn't thorough, than at other points she said it needed to be more concise and apparently there weren't enough links to romanticism.
I really want to improve and achieve a good mark in this subject, but I'm not sure how I should study for this subject. I know you need to do practice essays and creatives, but there's no guarantee its going to be marked. I also wanted to improve my language sophistication, but it is difficult because in exam conditions you don't really think of the perfect way to phrase something, or think of a sophisticated word when your limited in time.
Any help would be appreciated, I am willing to devote the time and effort in the subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)