After the bomb related texts (science-fiction?) (1 Viewer)

bxrnzx

HSC
Opinions on using science-fiction novels (I was considering using Dr Bloodmoney or the Body Snatchers as a related text :\) for ATB?

Especially since there's the science-fiction shenanigan in Module A going on, is this something markers would go against?

piethepker

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't see this as a problem unless you analysis it from a sf perspective (eg bringing in SF genre theorists). Your teacher would be the best bet to ask here

keiran_osullivan

HSC
N/A
I did Bob Dylan's ballads 'Masters of War' and 'A Hard Rains-A Gonna Fall', as well as, this not very well known but academically and critically acclaimed television movie called 'Threads'. I did alright (47/50) and my teachers liked the variation of my texts (enabling me to comment about the contents of the texts and the tone of music in case of the ballads and the film techniques in case of 'Threads'). It gave me more medium to exploit as I already had a novel, a play and poetry to explore.

I would strongly advice only using novels as your related texts. We had three 47s out of 50 in our class and one 49 and no one used both novels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)