Beauty and the Beast Appropriation Help!! (1 Viewer)

Serenoz99

HSC
Our assignment is to appropriate a fairytale and i chose Beauty and the Beast (It's more unique than cinderella etc.) but i haven't got any ideas on what values i want to challenge! If anyone has any ideas that would be great!

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Our assignment is to appropriate a fairytale and i chose Beauty and the Beast (It's more unique than cinderella etc.) but i haven't got any ideas on what values i want to challenge! If anyone has any ideas that would be great!
Racism, othering, demonisation, discrimination, animal cruelty (lol),

Orwell

HSC
If you're slightly more daring, animal infatuation (bestiality/zoophilia). Do you got the cojones to pull that one off?

Serenoz99

HSC
I thought of doing that but since its only our first assessment tasks i think it would be too gruesome for the markers even though its definitely a modern take on the story. People in the years before have done similar ideas (gruesome ones) and have been sent to the school counsellor! I think i would need to be extremely skilled to write something like that in a way that doesn't shock and worry my teachers. But thank you for the advice :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)