Thread: Need Ideas

HSC

Need Ideas

I really need some ideas, I'll provide the stimulus here as well. Thing is, I got a week to write this story, so I really need your advice ASAP. The task was issued to us like only a week ago, yet I can't come up with anything to write about. Btw, I'm opting for the first one, however, I'll accept ideas from either.

Macquarie Law/Arts 2018.

HSC

Re: Need Ideas

We got the first stimulus as a creative writing task, and I don't know if you'll like this idea but this was the start of my own short story, we had to include it as the opening sentence (feel free to use it btw):

We stopped looking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside us.
    This was a decision made after a brief screaming session in front of the bathroom mirror.

hope it helps

HSC

why not take the first one like extremely literally lol
    so like you have someone who obssesively checks underneath their bed and in their closet and like everywhere for monsters before tehy sleep
    and then they go sleep
    and their chest parts and a monster like literally climbs out of them
    and its like a reflection of their real selves (but this should be realllly subtle and not overtly explained)

edit:
    another thought
    maybe before teh monster goes to sleep they check for people and stuff underneath their bed and closet etc
    and when they sleep their chest parts and a person climbs out
    so its like
    where does the person end and the monster begin
    Veni, Vidi, Vici

HSC

Thanks for your contributions. I was thinking I'd analyse humanity from the perspective of the monsters, kind of flip the tables a little. Not sure, I'll sleep on it. Thanks again.
    Macquarie Law/Arts 2018.

Cadet
    HSC

For the first stimulus piece: A sect of a religious group committed heinous acts against a certain country. The now xenophobic country, outcasts ANY adherents of the religion with extreme prejudice for the fear of terrorism in order to protect the greater public. These adherents condemn the heinous acts previously commited and segment themselves from the sect, though the countries administration would not hear any of it. Although after years of descrimination, hate and anguish suffered by the peaceful adherents, their only crime was wanting to assimilate and share in the wealth of the country. The country then realises in an effort to thwart terrorism from occuring, they have brought terror amongst others, and have now become the terrorists.

I apologise if you notice any political allusions here. This was my immediate interpretation of the image stimulus.
    Last edited by Whicanti; 15 Apr 2016 at 1:54 AM.

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

A person has seen another older sibling commit a crime, e.g murder but the younger sibling isn't seen as reliable or won't be believed in comparison to the "perfect" older sibling.

Younger sibling walks around with the burden of knowledge, and disagrees with the notion of "family values" and tries to discover the way to reveal or catch the older sibling admitting guilt.
    I can barely see up and down and back again
    Despite what you believe I keep away from trouble
    If who I am today's a sign of where I'm going
    I'm ready to embrace

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

HSC

I appreciate all your feedback, but I find no way of actually integrating the stimulus within these ideas (maybe I'm too thick). I was thinking of maybe doing dystopian, but I got no idea on how to tackle that. Please share more ideas with me, thank you!
    Macquarie Law/Arts 2018.

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by BLIT2014 View Post
    A person has seen another older sibling commit a crime, e.g murder but the younger sibling isn't seen as reliable or won't be believed in comparison to the "perfect" older sibling.

Younger sibling walks around with the burden of knowledge, and disagrees with the notion of "family values" and tries to discover the way to reveal or catch the older sibling admitting guilt.
    You could also take this literally, younger sibling checks for "monsters" underneath the bed, until they see an older person committing crime, then stops as they worked out that reality was scarier then the threat of what was underneath the bed.

Also the stimulus doesn't necessarily need to be explicitly stated outright in your creative.
    I can barely see up and down and back again
    Despite what you believe I keep away from trouble
    If who I am today's a sign of where I'm going
    I'm ready to embrace

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

Thread Information