English Extension HELP PLEASE (1 Viewer)

LillyJones

HSC
In my English Extension class we are looking at the differences between Beaumont's "Beauty and the Beast" and Angela Carter's "The Courtship of Mr Lyon" and we have to write an essay on the differences. I am struggling so much to find the differences between the two. I handed in a draft of my essay and my teacher said that she could not see any differences in my essay between the two.
PLEASE can somebody give me 3-5 points on the differences between the two. I am freaking out because I cant write this essay. PLEASE can somebody Help me????

LillyJones

HSC
The unit is fairy-tale appropriations and are focusing on the intertextuality between Beaumont's "Beauty and The Beast" and Carter's "The Courtship of Mr Lyon".

bujolover

HSC
In my English Extension class we are looking at the differences between Beaumont's "Beauty and the Beast" and Angela Carter's "The Courtship of Mr Lyon" and we have to write an essay on the differences. I am struggling so much to find the differences between the two. I handed in a draft of my essay and my teacher said that she could not see any differences in my essay between the two.
PLEASE can somebody give me 3-5 points on the differences between the two. I am freaking out because I cant write this essay. PLEASE can somebody Help me????
1. I don't know anything about these texts, but I do do Extension English, so I'm gonna try and help you...by "plagiarising" stuff from the 'net. c:

• In the original version, Beast lives in a castle, whereas he lives in a house in Carter's version. (This is a very basic difference, so maybe try and analyse it further (maybe the house is supposed to reflect contemporary society, where castles/royalty are not so common; maybe it's trying to make it more relatable to readers).)
  • In the original version, Beauty has siblings (never knew this!!), whereas in Carter's version, siblings are not mentioned.
  • In the original version, she has a life of luxury, whereas her dad loses his fortunes before she is born in Carter's version.
Source for last three bullet points: https://prezi.com/uirzo5eiw_wv/beauty-and-the-beast-vs-the-courtship-of-mr-lyon/

2. Please post this question in the English (Extension 1) forum if you feel I haven't answered your question well enough. You will have a better chance of being answered there, as there will hopefully be more people who do/have done Extension English who will be more capable of answering your question. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)