Catholic 3 Unit Trial (1 Viewer)

Doylie

I don't know about anybody else, but my 3 unit paper was bizarre! We had one perfect question (on postmodernism) and then our question for the module was sooooo shit! It made no freakin sense at all!!
If anybody else's was really bad/good let me know, i'd be interested to know whether it was simply the postmodernism question that was atrocious or whether there were others too..
Cheers

jo_mon

crime fiction catholic trial

I did the crime fiction question, pretty much what was expected in the essay, but the damn creative writing stuffed me up as usual!!!

Shanjuan

Evil exam

My school did gendered language. That exam was screwed!!! I so did not answer any of it right.

Doylie

Sounds like a pretty shocking exam all around then.. i wonder why the creative tasks were so rooted?

CoYLiE

We did 'retreat from the global' and I think that it may have been easier to have done the postmodernism question and relate that to retreat from the global, than our analytical question. The question we were given just had way too may aspects to possibly cover within an hour.
As for the creative section, once again, any other question would have been more applicable than the actual one we were given.
And also, not to mention having to do it on the same day as advanced paper two...
Sorry... i guess it's just my turn to bitch...
But other than that... it's all good :)

sif not 99

lol get a load of our creative question, I go to doylie's school, sup mark,

neways

"Design a postmodern inspired advertising campaign for a brand of dental care products."

like is this intersubjectuality or something, the last time I checked the course was called Extension 1 English

not business studies involving extension 1 english

I liked the question when i got into it but thought it a bit weird!

Coffee_Fan

Wait for the dark
Hey

Yeah, no i really like the question on postmodernism.

The first question was alright, but i don't think i answered the question properly, the second was fun though!! My toothpaste was called post-yellowism!! hehehe

Doylie

lol post-yellowism! thats a classic dude!
I totally agree with you pat, since when was business studies a pre-requisite to do english extension 1?? Its a total load of B.S.

bex

HSC
what were the crime fiction questions like?? or perhpas.. what were they?? we're not doing the catholic trial at my school and i like to hear as many questions as possible! just so im prepared you know??

sif not 99

lol mine was called oral-c
and i ripped off the oral b ad where u dont see the dentists face, a bita postmodernist inspired appropriation in my campaign

CoYLiE

Haha.... in my series of advertisements which we had to do for retreat from the global, i think i managed to practically any minority that exists in the world..... the statement that we had to use was "comfort zone is local; excitement is global" and then do a series of short radio ads... (so much for the marking criteria "being able to write extended texts)

tinkerbell

i could barely find the question in the cssa paper! hehehe there were so many of them in there!!
yeh crime fiction question was pretty predictable but i dunno bout the other one. it wasnt really a creative task.. like last hsc they did an interogation. Ours was still like an essay.

jo_mon

yeh crime fiction question was pretty predictable but i dunno bout the other one. it wasnt really a creative task.. like last hsc they did an interogation. Ours was still like an essay.
Ours was changed cos it was too much like last years creative question, so instead we had to compose an excerpt of crime fiction text set in 2050

|MiKKi|

bex
what were the crime fiction questions like?? or perhpas.. what were they?? we're not doing the catholic trial at my school and i like to hear as many questions as possible! just so im prepared you know??

Zenithliza

I do Retreat from the Global too.. wow.. I don't think I could pull off an advertising campaign very well. That's really wierd! I hope there is nothing like that in the HSC (or my trial next week..)
Can anyone tell me what the analytical question was for Retreat from the Global?

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
I actually really liked the creative one for crime fiction, heaps easier then any of the practice ones my teacher had given me. Unfortunatly i didnt have enought time to go into detail and only got 19 on it.
The essay was pretty good, fairly predictable, so thats good, i ended up with 21 for that. What were other peoples marks like

CoYLiE

Here are the questions from the Catholic trial (our teacher just gave the booklet back to us)...

Question 7 Elective 3: Retreat From the Global
People experience the world in time and in space that is, in a particular time frame, their life, and the particular place or places where they live out their lives. Hence, it is usually the outer world, the global, that affects the local rather than the obverse.
Examine this statement in relation to any TWO of the prescribed texts and ONE other text of your own choosing.

Question 8 Texts and Ways of Thinking
c) Retreat from the Global
Compose a series of radio advertisements for travellers. The focus for your campaign should be this statement:
The comfort zone is local: the excitement zone is global

Rosencrantz

Grammar? I don't need no grammar!

I liked the exam for Eng. Ex. 1! It was the only english i got a halfways decent mark on (21 out of 25 for both questions), and thats without studying and with shonky grammar (which i have some how managed to cultivate over the past 2 years).
What does that say about crime fiction? Admittedly my class mates did better by 2 to 3 marks, now the ante has been upped its time to beat this grammar bug! I'll get you yet shonky grammar of mine!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)