related texts for "Retreat from the Global" (1 Viewer)

miss_bloom

ext1 trials on wednesday.. don't have ANY related texts worth using for Retreat :confused: what is everyone else using????!!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
There's a few films you can use... 'Once Were Warriors'... 'The Dish'...

CoYLiE

Yes, once were warriors is very good if you're doing the bone people, and looking at post-colonial literature...
Laz, that was with your stuff on boredofstudies???
The Dish is good for the castle, but be careful, cos same director and all, maybe go for 'the man who sued god' with billy connally??

miss_bloom

eeek i had ext1 trials today and i was so unprepared and didnt have time that i um.. like made up my related text *shame* :eek:
anyone else ever done this b4?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Our entire class made up quotations from a fictional person once. But our teacher was on drugs.

staree

HSC
N/A
Cast Away is another one u can use.
Try reading or do some research on The Mosquito Coast. That is probably the best supplementary material you can use... Lots of quotes and storylines and characters you can use for it. It's also a movie with River Phoenix and Harrison Ford, but you get more out of the book.

CoYLiE

LOL!!.... that's no real suprise... i wonder how rehab's treating her... although, there hav been numerous sightings after her "disappearance" (unfortunately all could not be verified)

Our entire class made up quotations from a fictional person once. But our teacher was on drugs.

HarlequinBride

HSC
I'm doing the Castle and thinking of doing Finding Forrester as a related text, any good?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)