Raw marks/aligning for History Extension. (1 Viewer)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
heyyy everyone, i hope you all went well today, i am thrilled with the exam XD
just wondering if anyone - past markers, BOS people, teachers, or students willing to take a stab at it - know the approx raw band cutoffs for ext? (2006-2007)
thanks

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'm guessing around 43-44 would scale into a low E4.

eb590

HSC
sorry i have no idea, but i would REALLY like to know, anyone out there have any idea?

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Kujah said:
I'm guessing around 43-44 would scale into a low E4.
Source? Reliability? Perspective? Context?
Haha, thanks Kujah.
aren't there any past ext markers on this site? i'd really like to know, especially for recent years.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Oh no, we live in a post-modernist world, and there are multiple truths I guess =p

But considering that mid 85s scale up to B6 in Modern (according to cem), it could be anything from 40-44 to align up to a low E4.

But yeah, maybe cem might be able to help us, even though I think she marks Modern only.

Zephyrio

HSC
I'm guessing around a 39/50 will be E4.

Just based on the previous alignment reports, to get an E4 for extension English required around 34/50 a few years back. Since history extension scales a little worse, I think it'd be a few marks higher than this.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Zephyrio said:
I'm guessing around a 39/50 will be E4.

Just based on the previous alignment reports, to get an E4 for extension English required around 34/50 a few years back. Since history extension scales a little worse, I think it'd be a few marks higher than this.
39?!
i was assuming 42-43 at least.
It seems like too many people would be receiving aligned external marks in the high forties if 39 was the cutoff.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Kujah said:
Oh no, we live in a post-modernist world, and there are multiple truths I guess =p

But considering that mid 85s scale up to B6 in Modern (according to cem), it could be anything from 40-44 to align up to a low E4.

But yeah, maybe cem might be able to help us, even though I think she marks Modern only.
I wonder how hard they mark ext, generally.
My Ext teacher is a marker and she marks hard internally.
But she has said that at the marking centers they do give many high 20s.
i'm scared, even though i was thrilled after today; this is one of those subjects which could go any way.
what did you guys estimate for your raw? you know how you have a general feeling after the exam of how you went...

Zephyrio

HSC
fallenstar said:
39?!
i was assuming 42-43 at least.
It seems like too many people would be receiving aligned external marks in the high forties if 39 was the cutoff.
Well, EEI and history extension have very similar scaling and so it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest that a mark around 40 would equate to a band E4.

Zephyrio

HSC
fallenstar said:
i'm scared, even though i was thrilled after today; this is one of those subjects which could go any way.
what did you guys estimate for your raw? you know how you have a general feeling after the exam of how you went...
I really hope that I achieved a raw mark of around 47 or 48/50. The case study question fitted in really well to the response I had prepared, and the WIH, I hope I got around a 22 or 23 for it.

I got 41/50 for my trial. I didn't know what to do for the case study so I got 16/25 then LOL!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Kujah said:

You are right. I have only ever marked Modern and been on the Modern aligning process. Unfortunately Extension History isn't marked at Homebush so I have no real insight at all to the aligning of marks for Extension.

I suspect low 40s would align to 45 but that is just a suspicion based on the quality of the students I have presented for Extension over the years and what they have received for Extension and their Modern and Ancient marks.

HSC
have you read exemplar responses.... i think they're pretety crap
e4/3 examples are... i dunno.... really standard, bland, not real point

i don't think anything <40 would get e4... mainly because it's extension history and the standard is meant to be higher

Zephyrio

HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
have you read exemplar responses.... i think they're pretety crap
e4/3 examples are... i dunno.... really standard, bland, not real point

i don't think anything <40 would get e4... mainly because it's extension history and the standard is meant to be higher

Yeah, you'd think so but for the extension subjects, it's often the opposite. For 3U maths, ridiculously low marks get band E4's so yeah. =\

Kujah

HSC
N/A
fallenstar said:
The feeling was mixed.

Zephyrio

HSC
I reckon I might get around low-40's.

I hate post-exam period. You're thinking about your mark all the time. With me, it fluctuates. What if I did something wrong, etc? Haha.

I don't have any real ability in history extension, so I'll be happy with E4. Please E4. Pleasee.

Zephyrio

HSC
According to my calculations, around 400 people got E4's last year.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
That sounds right. My friend said around 21% got E4 last year.

HSC
Zephyrio said:
[/b]Yeah, you'd think so but for the extension subjects, it's often the opposite. For 3U maths, ridiculously low marks get band E4's so yeah. =\
i thought that was just maths though...

then again maybe the discrepencies are quite large purely to distinguish students from each other more....
actually, considering the scaling... that seems plausible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)