who took a gamble? (1 Viewer)

locky88

HSC
both my girlfriend and i took a gamble that the germany question would be totalitarian and only studied for that... sighed such a relief when it payed off. Who else did this?

Pantera

HSC
I kinda got over study the first week of HSC so I didn't really do any. Got through this question on general knowledge, it was pretty easy.

HSC
Pantera said:
I kinda got over study the first week of HSC so I didn't really do any. Got through this question on general knowledge, it was pretty easy.
yeah same
i knew enough random figures/quotes/historians to include for any sort of question
+ basic facts
for my essays to come out well

BlueGiraffe

HSC
I am in the same boat as you! I understanding the Germany topic and get it all in broad ideas, but the only thing I actually studied for was totalitarianism - like facts and historians. I love my friends that if the totalitarian question was there I would laugh... I did and so did they (before the examiners looked at us strangely).
Lol I am just so happy that question was there - it doesn't really matter if I go crap.

lawrence.h

HSC
I took a gamble by pretty mch not studying anything but the collapse of the weimar republic. Not because I thought it would be there, but because I only started studying the night efore and it as the only thing that I could really study for in a few hours. Lucky me!

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I studied only for Weimar. Because patterns show theres always at least some sort of Weimar question. I just happened to have done a practise essay a couple of nights before on basically the same question, so I was like YAYILYBOS

jimmyb8

HSC
everyone in my class laughed at me when i said i spent a long time preping totalitarianism.. they are like "your a moron they asked that in 2005"

whose laughing now haha

the other question was disgusting anyway.. having to talk about the success's of weimar would be a horrible essay

knots&crosses

HSC
I wasnt expecting, a weimar question, but thankfully it ws that rather than something in the depression and we had an assignmnet on the exact same question. I didnt think totalitarianism would be in there but that hitlers role in the nazi state would be...

I hardly studied anything else, so i guess i did take a gamble, payed off for germany.:rolleyes:

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
jimmyb8 said:
everyone in my class laughed at me when i said i spent a long time preping totalitarianism.. they are like "your a moron they asked that in 2005"

whose laughing now haha

the other question was disgusting anyway.. having to talk about the success's of weimar would be a horrible essay
My basic line of argument was that the failures outweight the successes because it was inherently flawed and undermined from the start.

knots&crosses

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
My basic line of argument was that the failures outweight the successes because it was inherently flawed and undermined from the start.
Yay!! same here... Did you set it out thematically, as in economic and political problems and how they dealt with them>>>eventually the fall of weimar with hitlers rise to power...

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
knots&crosses said:
Yay!! same here... Did you set it out thematically, as in economic and political problems and how they dealt with them>>>eventually the fall of weimar with hitlers rise to power...
Yup! I said the only 'success' to be found in Weimar was the period of apparent stability which in turn lead to more failures and its setting up of a social petri dish for Hitlers rise.
That was a omnomnomnom question

knots&crosses

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Yup! I said the only 'success' to be found in Weimar was the period of apparent stability which in turn lead to more failures and its setting up of a social petri dish for Hitlers rise.
That was a omnomnomnom question
cool. How you feeling about ex 1 and ancient?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Im pissed theyre so close together. -.-
A little anxious but I'll be fine once I get in there.

knots&crosses

HSC
Yeahh, my friend has that same timetable, but including dance after ex 1... its frustrating, but if you didnt wait till last minute to study, it should be OK. And now we have officially changed the topic of the thread, sorry op.

lucidassembly

HSC
I saw that the 2007 paper had Gorbachev and his policies as one of Russia's extended responses, so I neglected to study that section ;)

Last edited:

morning storm

HSC
i took a gamble it worked and i wrote 32 pages for this section

edit: i only write 12 words a line though

remiee4

HSC
gamble made my day. totalitarianism. yes.

i am that girlfriend :]

MissVC

HSC
I did the weimar question because luckily it was pretty much exactly the same as a question I got for an assessment task :) so I was very happy. And I actually like the Weimar stuff.

Davadale

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
I studied only for Weimar. Because patterns show theres always at least some sort of Weimar question. I just happened to have done a practise essay a couple of nights before on basically the same question, so I was like YAYILYBOS
You're hot.

CYA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)