What to do? (1 Viewer)

Rabies2

HSC
Hey guys,

im in yr 10 and wondering whether to do modern, ancient or physics next year?

which of the three subjects is least demanding in terms of work? (assume that i am equally interested/good at each subject)

Thanks
Ryan

fleck27

HSC
Probably the wrong forum.

Id say Modern and Ancient are equally as demanding, however I have heard that Modern is harder. Physics would be less demanding in that its you wouldn't be required to hand in lengthy essays such as you would be for the history subjects, but its probably more difficult to grasp, requiring more application to fully master the topic.

layzeehbum

HSC
i reckon all subjects are equally demanding in different ways.

i didnt do ancient nor modern but my friends said that you have to do lots of research and essays. nonetheless they enjoy these subjects. some also say that modern is a way better than ancient as well. so, if you're quite good in writing essays etc and enjoy this sort of thing, do history.

on the other hand, with physics, you are less likely to write essays... but you have have to do a bit of research as well (more like a report assignment on a particular scientist, etc), prac work, lots of homework (you have to be consistent coz if you miss somethiing then you're pretty much screwed). but then if you're more of a scientific person, then do phys.

if you're stil confused, check the syllabus for next year (im not sure if they're available just yet) or talk to the teachers and ask what sort of topics you'll be doing for each of these subjects and see which ones interest you more...

OR

you can pick all 3 LOL LOL LOL

morning storm

HSC
i know you said to assume u are equally good, but it reeeeeally comes down to which one you will like more.

if you think it is a history, and have to decide out of modern and ancient, that's another hard decision.

in that case, go modern if you can write a good essay, and have a good conceptual understanding of things
ancient i felt was more suited to being able to memorise the textbook, and just getting down everything you could remember that was relevent. however the structured presentation was also important.

Rebecca-Riot.

HSC
I do Ancient History and modern history At The Moment, but i agree with what morning storm is saying it comes down to which you will like more. I found that i enjoy modern history alot more as it appeals to me more then ancient.

Good Luck. ;)

inter108

HSC
Modern is ok if you enjoy writing about the recent past.

But if you don't it can be a massive burden.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
If this is true...

Rabies2 said:
which of the three subjects is least demanding in terms of work? (assume that i am equally interested/good at each subject)
Physics > Modern / Ancient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)