Music 1 Aural (1 Viewer)

Cerry

HSC
Didn't like the last question much, I don't think I got enough down.
Loved the first question though. It was easy, and it made me think of singing penguins. It's hard to be anything but happy with singing penguins in your head.

jokerj

HSC
yeah i thought it was a great paper
i managed to write heaps
question 1 was so good :)
question 4 i thought could have used another playing seeing as the other 8 markers
had 6 playings and for q4 u needed to not only label structure but talk about every concept
but eh i was happy with what i wrote
i loved the jazz piece.. i must have stopped writing for a sec to listen and enjoy the piece
then i was like, crap back to work haha
love it its only an hour :p

sonnysburning

HSC
yeah it went really quickly hey?
haha.. i had images of dancing penguins in my head too.. and the sound of the warning beep sounds like the opening to the nick cave and the bad seeds 'the weeping song'.. i kept singing it in my head every time i heard it.. hahah.
questions were pretty good though, i stuffed the last one up.. but oh well :)

dolbinau

HSC
^ I agree. I just don't know what the markers are looking for.

McLovin

HSC
I disliked the second question, wrote barely anything about the dynamics. Like yeah it had accents and the volume was around mf/m. hmmm what else??

I liked the other questions though, i felt like i had to do a few rushed and bullshit loaded conclusions lol.

JustinM23

HSC
I think they are just looking for acknowledgements of the use of concepts, nothing too fancy.

I hope thats it anyway, because thats how I answered the questions

dolbinau

HSC
McLovin said:
I disliked the second question, wrote barely anything about the dynamics. Like yeah it had accents and the volume was around mf/m. hmmm what else??

I liked the other questions though, i felt like i had to do a few rushed and bullshit loaded conclusions lol.
Was this the accordion and wood wind instrument?

There was the massive ornamentation: trills, pitch bends, slurring/tonging too I think (well that's what I put)

McLovin

HSC
dolbinau said:
Was this the accordion and wood wind instrument?

There was the massive ornamentation: trills, pitch bends, slurring/tonging too I think (well that's what I put)
Yeah thats the one, I had a massive mind blank and forgot what the instruments were called, and arnt things like trills and pitch bends expressive techniques?

dolbinau

HSC
McLovin said:
Yeah thats the one, I had a massive mind blank and forgot what the instruments were called, and arnt things like trills and pitch bends expressive techniques?
Yes. wasn't the question Pitch and Dynamics/Expressive techniques? - The latter is like the same thing, really - at least that's what I thought. What was that instrument btw anyway?

McLovin

HSC
dolbinau said:
Yes. wasn't the question Pitch and Dynamics/Expressive techniques? - The latter is like the same thing, really - at least that's what I thought. What was that instrument btw anyway?
Yeah but i mean what did you write in the dynamics section of your answer?
oh and no idea about the instrument i just sat there thinking 'FUCK!'

dolbinau

HSC
I jumbled it all together, probably a bad idea.

But dynamics/expressive techniques (Are we considering this the same thing?)

If so then I did what I said above plus changes in volume, accents, the accordion being around the same volume (besides accents) - I don't know. Like I said, I kind of hate aural I don't know if what I write is what they want.

The JazzMan

HSC
songs

does anyone remember what the songs were called? they were mad and im trying 2 download them... cant remember damn names lol

- Insomniac! -

HSC
:angry: DO NOT Post the titles of the songs on here for todays examination, Ive a gut feeling the person above has not done the test and is looking for an advantage guys!!!!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
- Insomniac! - said:
:angry: DO NOT Post the titles of the songs on here for todays examination, Ive a gut feeling the person above has not done the test and is looking for an advantage guys!!!!
lol righto.....

sonnysburning said:
the sound of the warning beep sounds like the opening to the nick cave and the bad seeds 'the weeping song'..
So true! Sorta found it offputting, I was laughing about it with the supervisor from my room at the end of the exam.

The JazzMan

HSC
uhhh ...ok? a bit paranoid are we? i just wanted the second and 3rd pieces mr hitler in a wig

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
well i think one of them was Dance of the Knights from Romeo and Juliet...
no sure.
ha. My memory sucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)