PD/H/PE Exam (1 Viewer)

Muzzareli

HSC
Two questions:

1. How did everyone go?

2. On a scale of one to ten, what was its likeness to a piece of cake?

Muzzareli

HSC
Yeah haha it was cake, i wish all my exams were that easy!

shais

HSC
kinda fnished it like 20 mins ago . i was stuck on improving performance the entire time .. faaark

9.9995 / 10 if i take out the last question of improving performance

redladybug24

HSC
i didn't like the last improving performance either - apart from that it was great

shais

HSC
redladybug24 said:
i didn't like the last improving performance either - apart from that it was great
i just wrote down the key words and brief explanation .
i was blank for this entire question .

redladybug24

HSC
shais said:
i just wrote down the key words and brief explanation .
i was blank for this entire question .
i knew the syllabus for everything except the IP stuff - it got too wordy so everything else was really easy. I think I got there with core 2 stuff but im not worried. Cant change it now :)

shais

HSC
redladybug24 said:
i knew the syllabus for everything except the IP stuff - it got too wordy so everything else was really easy. I think I got there with core 2 stuff but im not worried. Cant change it now :)
what actually sucked was when one of the guys said he wrote 5 pages on this question . :burn:

Ahhh its over now

Muzzareli

HSC
shais said:
what actually sucked was when one of the guys said he wrote 5 pages on this question . :burn:

Ahhh its over now

Are you serious! 5 pages thats a bit stupid. I figure for 12 marks, you kinda need to talk about 6 things and explain them etc.

If anyone did the Sports Medicine question it was about young athletes and children and things that are changed to cater for them....... i figure all you have to do is give like 5-6 examples and build on them. I wrote like 2.5 pages and i reckon it will get close to full marks for that question.

Remember its quality not quantity!!

Muzzareli

HSC
redladybug24 said:
Was that question: Analyse how an athlete can train for improved performance in terms of power and strength?

I was finished with like 30 minutes to go and i was throwing up between answering another elective. Because they mark everything and take your best two scores. I did Sports Med and Health of YP. But i think i could have answered that with the stuff i know from core 2!

friction

HSC
I think i wrote about 6 for both last questions of improving performance and sports med. I wrote about 2 for the 5 markers and 1 for the 3 marks. I had the time and i could remember what the text book said and after addign examples it just got that long. Im hoping for close to full marks in all of it. What did you write about for the last IP question ??

friction

HSC
Muzzareli said:
Are you serious! 5 pages thats a bit stupid. I figure for 12 marks, you kinda need to talk about 6 things and explain them etc.

If anyone did the Sports Medicine question it was about young athletes and children and things that are changed to cater for them....... i figure all you have to do is give like 5-6 examples and build on them. I wrote like 2.5 pages and i reckon it will get close to full marks for that question.

Remember its quality not quantity!!
You had to talk about the things from the Syllabus.
Medical conditions
Asthma
Diabetes
Epilepsy

Overuse Injuries
Even competition
Strength training
Thermoregulation

If you talked about them gave a few examples and an explanation you should be sweet. I was put off by the fact there was only really 5 and it was a 12 marker but i wrote a lot so hopefully im sweet.

Mitch Taylor

HSC
easily 9 +

wrote 3 pages of another booklet for core 1

and one and a half booklets in total for each option

still finished with 45+ mins

stupid triglycerides, for sure the only multiple choice i got wrong

Muzzareli

HSC
friction said:
Medical conditions
Asthma
Diabetes
Epilepsy

Overuse Injuries
Even competition
Strength training
Thermoregulation

If you talked about them gave a few examples and an explanation you should be sweet. I was put off by the fact there was only really 5 and it was a 12 marker but i wrote a lot so hopefully im sweet.

Thats pretty much what i wrote about, except i didnt put in strength training. On top of what you have i wrote about; shorter games and smaller fields etc. Which is kinda to do with thermoregulation and asthma i spose.

friction

HSC
Muzzareli said:
Was that question: Analyse how an athlete can train for improved performance in terms of power and strength?

I was finished with like 30 minutes to go and i was throwing up between answering another elective. Because they mark everything and take your best two scores. I did Sports Med and Health of YP. But i think i could have answered that with the stuff i know from core 2!
Yea that was the question and lol answering 3 option. And no you couldnt of not with a good enough depth. It is based on the core but it goes into more depth. You are better of doign what you learnt.

friction

HSC
Muzzareli said:
Thats pretty much what i wrote about, except i didnt put in strength training. On top of what you have i wrote about; shorter games and smaller fields etc. Which is kinda to do with thermoregulation and asthma i spose.
Yea in a different section of the syllabus but not under childrens considerations its under sports policy and admistration so they cant of been asking about it.

Muzzareli

HSC
Mitch Taylor said:
easily 9 +

wrote 3 pages of another booklet for core 1

and one and a half booklets in total for each option

still finished with 45+ mins

stupid triglycerides, for sure the only multiple choice i got wrong

Ok im starting to worry now. I thought it was cake, but people are talking of writing shiploads of booklets.

NEW QUESTION INTRODUCED: HOW MANY PAGES FOR EACH QUESTION?????

Mitch Taylor

HSC
friction said:
Medical conditions
Asthma
Diabetes
Epilepsy

Overuse Injuries
Even competition
Strength training
Thermoregulation

as the question said analyse use of sports medicine i gathered you had to talk about all the syllabus plus add how you could use sports medicine to combat them, e.g. support thermoregulation through wearing hats and clothing that breathe in hot weather etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)