General Thoughts - Software Design and Development (1 Viewer)

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
Hey all, how did you go, the good/bad, ect.

I found it a good paper, but lack of study was an influence on how well I went lol.

crammy90

HSC
design specifications got me...
i just wrote needs objectives and boundaries hmmm..

Wingom

HSC
Um.. i found it not that hard.. because there weren't any LONG, big mark algorithm questions..

though the part which i probably did worst in was the final part of Evolution of Programming Languages.. didn't know about instances.. LOL!!

tomn8r

HSC
well. I thought that it was pretty good paper. Hated the fact it was in the afternoon, wanted to go to sleep!!
I think some of the questions were a bit funny, in that they were very open that was a bit confusing sometimes.
The elective developers view of hardware or wateva was easier than expected. The hardest bit was dividing binary, simply because I never bothered to learn how to do it....
It was ok. If i get above 80 im happy....fingers crossed.
Best thing is that there is only chem to go!!!

sdsdsdsdsd

HSC
I got lost on the binary division, design specifications, railroad diagram, the two 8 bits going into one, the data packets (never learned that) and a few others. I did OK I guess, it was easier than the trial, for not really studying.

Last edited:

plak

HSC
what did u guys do for the railway diagram. i got so lost on taht question i just drew anything xD

Terlob

HSC
plak said:
what did u guys do for the railway diagram. i got so lost on taht question i just drew anything xD
Yeah me too I drew a really dodgy diagram in 30 seconds :p.

Design specifications? wtf...

Rampager

HSC
Pretty easy test I believe, only minimal study required to do well.

Band 6 for me.

The only thing that caught me out was the "FISH" in the elective, but that'll catch alot of people out so meh.

Railway Diagram:

Last edited:

Ackriff

HSC
tomn8r said:
Hated the fact it was in the afternoon, wanted to go to sleep!
Wish it was a morning one also, had to wait around all day for it :(

jayzon

HSC
don't you hate it when theres somtihng you don't no and they keep using that in questions like quality assurance and design specifications. Wat was the sentinal value for that algorithm was it - 1?

ctrlaltv

HSC
easy, just generally algorithms. apart from the stupid railroad diagram of course.

@jayzon, yes it was -1.

Terlob

HSC
jayzon said:
don't you hate it when theres somtihng you don't no and they keep using that in questions like quality assurance and design specifications. Wat was the sentinal value for that algorithm was it - 1?
Four 2 mark questions on design specifications in a row. Weak.

I put -1 as the sentinal value

BoyNextDoor

HSC
It was an okay paper. Except for a few questions, in which some were confusing......and tricky.
Especially the Option Topic for Developers View! I couldn't divide in binary! lol
The fish question was also hard too!

So yeah, mixed views on the paper.

miche11e

HSC
i thought it was pretty easy. lol i drew a pretty simplified version of the railroad diagram, but i guess i'll still get marks, cos im pretty sure i drew it right. It was a good exam to end on. I reckon 80+ (hopefully) raw

ArnoldS

HSC
Rampager said:
Pretty easy test I believe, only minimal study required to do well.

Band 6 for me.

The only thing that caught me out was the "FISH" in the elective, but that'll catch alot of people out so meh.

Railway Diagram:
You do know that's incorrect, right?

HSC
Easier than most past papers but Evo of Prog Lang was a bitch :(

ondroo

*Sigh*
HSC
lol at fishfingers. i nearly laughed when i saw that - so random.

nyways grr @ railroad i had it right except i forgot to put conditional statement as an option (i put assignment and user input). I also said "DO" instead of "REPEAT". But i doubt that matters. Hopefully i only loose up to a mark.

Rampager

HSC
ArnoldS said:
You do know that's incorrect, right?
How so? How would you do it?

Edit: looking at it, I suppose I should've made even the conditional/user input/assignment statements optional, as you can have a post-test loop without anything inside it buts that's fairly minor. The loop back into the main program is abit iffy but I see no other way to show that it repeats.

So shoot me, what did I do wrong? Actually, why do I care, HSC is over, peace out.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)