Band 6 Cut Off??? (1 Viewer)

sullyman

HSC
So i was noticing that every other subject had one of these threads so here it is.

I was thinking that the test was about medium to hard so the cut off this year may be around 75 or a bit higher.

What dose everyone else think???

MacAus91

HSC
i found the test a fair bit easier than expected, maybe because my trial was ridiculously difficult, and i was better prepared...

but yeh, ive heard software generally scales really well...

plak

HSC
don't quote me on this. But i heard maybe an 85 or 84 will scale to 90. not too sure

HSC
It's aligining, and Software aligns a fair bit, in 2003, a 64 raw mark aligned to an 80 (Band 5)

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Probably would be looking at 85. I found that amazingly easy and I basically didn't even have to study (which I barely did).

fishbulb

HSC
It's not usually that high. Mainly because most people choose the subject to bludge. 17/20 people in my class left after 1 hour of the test, so im guessing more people in the state will be like this too.

So band 6 cuttoff, bout 82-84/100.

betonit169

My Username Sucks....
HSC
fishbulb said:
It's not usually that high. Mainly because most people choose the subject to bludge. 17/20 people in my class left after 1 hour of the test, so im guessing more people in the state will be like this too.

really ?

i really dont see this subject as a bludge subject !

but thats crazy so many people leaving

fishbulb

HSC
betonit169 said:
really ?

i really dont see this subject as a bludge subject !

but thats crazy so many people leaving
yeh, luckily i ranked first for the subject so my mark won't get affected. But yeh, heaps of people choose the subject just to play games in class.

T

Troy2287

Scaling is not moving marks upwards from 70 to 85. Scaling is used after your marks are ALIGNED, in order for UAC to calculate your aggregate score and UAI. :)

Btw, SDD ftw. Easiest exam I've had yet. Thought it was better then IPT actually.

betonit169

My Username Sucks....
HSC
fishbulb said:
yeh, luckily i ranked first for the subject so my mark won't get affected. But yeh, heaps of people choose the subject just to play games in class.
lol well thats the same with many people in my class... they just play games

le-foot

HSC
lol only 2/8 people in my class actually tries in software

The rest just either don't turn up or cant be bothered. Mind you, we're the only two looking at going to uni based on our uai (as opposed to early entry)

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
fishbulb said:

Yep, whole class left after 1 hour, I was left there for a lonely 2 hours lol.

ondroo

*Sigh*
HSC
hahaha i only had 2 in my class. In the exam the other one left after the first 1.5hrs and was like "shit i dont kno any of this" haha

darcys22

HSC
In our exam we had about 12 and no one left early but our exam center had some rule of not leaving anyway. I thought it was really easy, except the fish question i knew i screwed up the second my mate said how he did it

ctrlaltv

HSC
80 +- 3, software aligns fairly well because most poeple who do software choose to bludge, and in general, software is a hard subject. hoping cutoff is below 80 :)

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
No. The cutoff will not be below or around 80

it is likely to be more like 85... the exam seemed fairly easy, and Software doesn't scale *that* well.

ctrlaltv

HSC
Patar said:
No. The cutoff will not be below or around 80

it is likely to be more like 85... the exam seemed fairly easy, and Software doesn't scale *that* well.
What are you talking about, look at 2001 raw marks. Software aligned from 75-90. And because of its tendency to be a bludgy subject, alot of people will not do well. Therefore, the people who do well will get a higher aligned mark, and software scaling high or low has NOTHING to do with aligning. Aligning is a separate process from scaling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)