General Thoughts: Japanese Continuers (1 Viewer)

anone.playm8

HSC
That honestly wasn't too hard an exam, I thought. Having been practicing on Masumi papers, that was OK. I had about 30 minutes at the end to check my exam, I'm wondering if I left any questions, even though I checked the paper ><.

And that drama thingy was funny, as well as that listening bit about the rude girl :D

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
I found the listening fairly straight forward. The entire class LOLed at the rude when the girl was like "Jya ne~". The only thing I didn't get in the listening section was half of the question about noodle eating comps on tv... something about hot dogs *grumbles*

The reading was fairly easy. I actually got through the first section without my dictionary =D I was wondering why the question about where the conversation was taking place was worth TWO marks though =/

I screwed up writing as per usual.

I was facking hungry by the end of the exam though =S

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
anone.playm8 said:
That honestly wasn't too hard an exam, I thought. Having been practicing on Masumi papers, that was OK. I had about 30 minutes at the end to check my exam, I'm wondering if I left any questions, even though I checked the paper ><.

And that drama thingy was funny, as well as that listening bit about the rude girl :D
LOL Hai ganchan

anone.playm8

HSC
^ =D hi 'Ness-chan

I swear I knew you'd be the first to respond. And you've finally found my BOS identity, but I don't post much anyway.

And yeah, everyone was laughing at the "Ojiichan"

That question about where it was taking place had two parts, two bits of information: in the first floor near the window, and in a cafe.

And how did you screw up writing? I'm sure you were fine! You didn't just leave one this time did you?

Yamiyo

HSC
Lol, was that girl meant to sound drunk?

I failed the Yakisoba competition one... the whole of the first reading, I thought it was like a Japanese popeye - he eats yakisoba TO BECOME a champion. WTF IS GOING ON???

Other than that it wasn't too bad, writing questions were pretty standard.

Last edited:

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
anone.playm8 said:
^ =D hi 'Ness-chan

I swear I knew you'd be the first to respond. And you've finally found my BOS identity, but I don't post much anyway.

And yeah, everyone was laughing at the "Ojiichan"

That question about where it was taking place had two parts, two bits of information: in the first floor near the window, and in a cafe.

And how did you screw up writing? I'm sure you were fine! You didn't just leave one this time did you?
Yeah, I got home pretty early =] and i was bored =/

I knew it! I was like: what the hell is 'nikai'? then i opened my dictionary =3

I did all of them. it's just i did the 9 marker question in the last 15 minutes. I was like: come to our school. the people are friendly and interesting. there are lots of kids studying japanese (with a relative clause ftw), and there's lots of activities you can participate in. then i ended it lamely with, you should come to our school. yeah.

Yamiyo said:
Lol, was that girl meant to sound drunk?

I failed the Yakisoba competition one... the whole of the first reading, I thought it was like a Japanese popeye - he eats yakisoba TO BECOME a champion. WTF IS GOING ON???

Other than that it wasn't too bad, writing questions were pretty standard.
Nah, i think she was just meant to sound really whiny.

the yakisoba one was just blergh. I read the question before they played the tape and was thinking... this is going to be a bitch.

lizajane91

HSC
I actually thought i was pretty easy.. wierd questions tho lol
i was the only person in the whole hall doin the exam garrr...i had like 3 supervisers too haha:D

HSC
i found it really hard
probably cause i hadnt done anything japanese since my last lesson
istopped caring about japanese a long time ago

sitk

HSC
what did you hear for the art gallery one? And did everyone find like 6 or 7 pieces of evidence for reading with his girlfriend?

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
sitk said:
what did you hear for the art gallery one? And did everyone find like 6 or 7 pieces of evidence for reading with his girlfriend?
I heard that you had to go buy the tickets at a convenience store, you couldn't buy them at the gallery. Then to get to the convenience store you had to catch the (no. 17?) bus, cross some bridge and turn at the next left corner. tabun.

sitk

HSC
Yep, that's almost exactly what I thought. I'm 100% sure that you couldn buy tickets at gallery, you had to buy at convenience store. What I'm not sure about was if those directions (catch bus 17, cross bridge, get off, turn left, you'll see it straightaway) were for how to get to the gallery or how to get to the convenience store to buy the tickets

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
sitk said:
Yep, that's almost exactly what I thought. I'm 100% sure that you couldn buy tickets at gallery, you had to buy at convenience store. What I'm not sure about was if those directions (catch bus 17, cross bridge, get off, turn left, you'll see it straightaway) were for how to get to the gallery or how to get to the convenience store to buy the tickets
I wasn't sure either. I just put down the convenience store =O I'm a bit worried Oo

Also, for the girlfriend/boyfriend one i put down: 1) He said he wanted to go on holidays with a friend, but trailed off the sentence, 3) he got aggravated talking about how people from the same company weren't allowed to date, 4) when his friend bagged out the other chick, he wouldn't say anything

but the other ones I noticed but didn't write was 1) he hasn't hung out with his female friend for a while 2) he gets a call from yuuko, but won't tell naoko who it is 3) he rejects naoko's date proposal.

argh. i'll probably lose two marks there for that >_<

Last edited:

tasmina

HSC
the directions (bus no17, get off after crossing bridge, turn left) were for the art gallery
well thats what i put ..:|

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
tasmina said:
the directions (bus no17, get off after crossing bridge, turn left) were for the art gallery
well thats what i put ..:|
aww, snap =( i got that part wrong then =O

leey

HSC
errrrrrrrr

didnt get time to even bloody go thru the exam ==

that yakisoba Q was retarded. the guy didnt even bloody hav an argumentttt

and dammm didnt even see that it said first floor at the cafe... i just wrote cafe and near the window..

o well whats done is done

no point moaning abt it now...
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

kk

Yamiyo

HSC
That question was silly though... how is taking a bus and turning left difficult?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)