General Thoughts: Japanese Beginners (1 Viewer)

B

bekmay

the listening was harder than i expected! they spoke a little faster than what i'm used to. reading was ok, and writing my mind blanked when i was trying to think of a million structures to include.. =D hahaha oh well what can you do.

James747

HSC
omg what why was tanaka being interviewed?!?!?! and what was the instructions for the cafe? listening was harder than i excpected... well, those two questions at least. The rest was ok so i'm very happy! ^^

B

bekmay

James747 said:
omg what why was tanaka being interviewed?!?!?! and what was the instructions for the cafe? listening was harder than i excpected... well, those two questions at least. The rest was ok so i'm very happy! ^^
hahah i hated that tanaka one too, and same with all the people in my class. i just rambled on about how he was rich and had a lot of money.... and something about a children's hospital and him being a famous soccer player LOL. i think for the cafe one she had to open the windows, clean the toilets, call the chef about the menu, write the menu, open the cafe at 9? that's what i thought anyway... :S

James747

HSC
haha~~ same here... i ended making stuff up for tanaka...how he is rich and makes CD's (?). I kept hearing something with cds.... and for for that soccer thing... i said he was has a famous soccer cd.... i thought i heard something like yuimeina sokka cd (omg) lol and i couldnt pick up on the children hospital bit. I heard byoin but that just confused me. I got the cafe one, until the part where the guys said something she has to do before writing the menu... i got totally lost by then... and what was that with 30 minutes in that cafe one? o_O

B

bekmay

haha yeah i added some crap abut him making cds too LOL. um i unno it said something like blah blah こどものびょういん... so i think i said that mr tanaka is a famous soccer play with a lot of money who would like to donate CDs that he made =D hahaha.
um yeah i dunno i didn't mention it... maybe she had to turn up 30 mins before nine to do all those things, because she had to open it at 9?

Last edited by a moderator:

steban

violin dude
HSC
OMG LISTENING WAS SOOOOO HARD!!!

and i didnt like the apartment one for writing, that was rather stupid...i still made up crap and included a variety of structures..

and reading, bwahha, every second question i wrote like 10 more lines after the 4 or 5 that were supplied, as if that is sufficient space in order to achieve full marks.

but man listening, crazy speed, couldnt pick up anything

hmm, was it 30 mins..? i thought i heard 3 mins = =, woops ahahhaa

but yeah, something to do with get there at 9, be quick (i thought it was 3 mins to open the shop soo..)

then open the windows, clean toilets...

then soemthing about the blackboard and the lunch menu..i had to guess that, something about calling the chef

then open the shop....i hope

B

bekmay

lols yep i think you pretty much got it... except for the 3 mins part hahah.
yeah i agree... not enough space t write everything you need to say for full marks, i don't feel i've answered anything properly unless i've written more than the lines provided lol

dRscarf

HSC
I thought it was WAY harder than my trials...
Did anyone go overboard with the reading & responding questions? Now I feel that I wrote way too much... lol

JeffreyTse

HSC
Yeah... i thought the exam was pretty easy.aiming for a uai of 100.
2008 course: commerce/law usyd

B

bekmay

JeffreyTse said:
Yeah... i thought the exam was pretty easy.aiming for a uai of 100.
2008 course: commerce/law usyd
LOL good on ya, aim high.

today's exam was way harder than the trial i sat... but i don't think i wrote too much because they mark you positively, and i had 5 mins or so at the end anyway =D

purplecupcake

HSC
OH fantastic ! so it wasnt just me that found the listening hard; i swear, i just listened to some of them and thought wth am i going to blab on about for 4 marks???? the 5 mark one was good though, suprisingly. i agree with all the people that said they were speaking faster than usual !!! :p

the rest of the exam was great, i thought :) there was alot of comprehension... i just got through it all in time ! JUST.

:)

Xunlyn

Flippant Pancakes
HSC
Wow, I thought the exam was way easy. Like, easier than my prelim exam even XD I finished about an hour early, then went shopping ^_~

I think Tanaka was a well known rich soccer player who contributes a lot to a children's hospital, and the purpose of the interview was to promote a fundraiser CD for the hospital. He said something about people who really like soccer should buy the cd too- I dunno, that part didnt seem important.

I kept going over on the ji, too. Was like, argh! Gimme more space!

James747

HSC
i found myself going waaaay over board with the reading.... writing almost twice as much then the lines given... no way i could write everything in those few lines...

B

bekmay

player1234 said:
does jap beginners get scaled up?
i reckon all languages should. if they don't then they should... i have no idea though. LOL.

SUSYKINS

HSC
heh i do jap continuers but i heard that almost half the ppl who did jap beginners at my school left straight after listening exam =/

steban

violin dude
HSC
Jap beg (or most beginner languages i believe) have traditionally been scale down subjects. But i think with this years level of difficulty it should be scaled up!!!

Our teacher gave us all the past listening Cds and Tapes, the earliest dating from 1998, and it use to be SOOO easy..like, they spoke slow, PLUS the questions were simple

now they introduced all this global question bull, its like, man, beginners are struggling just to learn a new language, and they want opinion too...??

they expect too much

purplecupcake

HSC
steban said:
Jap beg (or most beginner languages i believe) have traditionally been scale down subjects. But i think with this years level of difficulty it should be scaled up!!!

Our teacher gave us all the past listening Cds and Tapes, the earliest dating from 1998, and it use to be SOOO easy..like, they spoke slow, PLUS the questions were simple

now they introduced all this global question bull, its like, man, beginners are struggling just to learn a new language, and they want opinion too...??

they expect too much
OMG i completely agree with what you said about listening !!! as prep. for this '08 exam, i did all the past hsc listenings and they are SO EASY. and then cause they changed the course, the questions this year were alot harder.

i rekon they're going to scale up japanese beginners this year, even though they traditionally scale down unless you extraordinarily well. because they changed the course a bit and made it a bit more "englishy", they're likely to scale us up.

GloomyBear

HSC
I thought it was alright. I got kinda lost in the reading section with the report on what people did after they graduated or something? =.=;;

I was the only person doing it at my school so the examiners gave me like 5 left over papers @__@;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)