History MC (1 Viewer)

speedofsound

HSC
Okay, what were the answers to these questions... :S

1) Said something like, what war did Australian participate in, in an United Nations combat against communism... was it Korea or Vietnam? I wrote Vietnam, but crossed it out and put Korea because I thought Vietnam was just the US...

2) The "statement I is true, statement II is false, etc" question... were both statements true? I hope so.

3) And the question, which best describes a conscientious objector? Was it the one about someone who marches in a moratorium or the one about someone who refuses military call up on moral grounds?

Hao368

HSC
1) afterwards, my friends said it was korea. i put vietnam though x_x

2) i put first true, second false

3) moral grounds one for me

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
Hao368 said:

do you remember why you put the second one false?

I did the same as you Speed of Sound

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
I did all the same answers as you did. The one on Korea was purely gut instinct xD

Damn, I changed the chronological order question from a right answer to a wrong one. Not again!!! No...

Hao368

HSC
Miss Sunshine said:
do you remember why you put the second one false?

I did the same as you Speed of Sound
hmm the "fight in vietnam or fight in your backyard?" thing. i thought that guy meant he'd rather have the war in vietnam than in australia.

but then again i might have misread the second statement. was it "they all were against the war in vietnam"?

Cardea

HSC
I don't remember what I put for the statements question.. but I remember feeling especially iffy about it. Urghh, didn't like that one.

blackratpoo

HSC
1) Didnt the United Nations form in 1975.......then it wouldnt be any.......I said Iraq......hahahaha.
2) I True II False.......There was a clear image of a person holding a banner saying....."Fight in Vietnam?Or in our own backyard"....implieing he supported the war as it kept it off Australian soil.
3) Moral Grounds.

Can someone verify #1 for me?

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
Hao368 said:
hmm the "fight in vietnam or fight in your backyard?" thing. i thought that guy meant he'd rather have the war in vietnam than in australia.

but then again i might have misread the second statement. was it "they all were against the war in vietnam"?
yeh it was something like:
' all demonstrators were in opposition to the Vietnam war'

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
Hao368 said:

Same.

Second one of question (2) is false because there were people with posters that read "trade" and stuff about asians.

suzlee

HSC
Everything you did for the first two. The one about a conscientious objector though, I had the 'person who refuses military call-up on moral grounds' at first but changed it to 'person marching in a moratorium' one.
I dunno why I did it but I had a hunch!

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
blackratpoo said:
1) Didnt the United Nations form in 1975.......then it wouldnt be any.......I said Iraq......hahahaha.
2) I True II False.......There was a clear image of a person holding a banner saying....."Fight in Vietnam?Or in our own backyard"....implieing he supported the war as it kept it off Australian soil.
3) Moral Grounds.

Can someone verify #1 for me?
Question number 1 is definitely Korea

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Korea, true-false, moral grounds x]
blackratpoo, UN formed in 1945 o_o

?sarah

HSC
Yeah, i put korea, refuses military call up on moral grounds and statement 1 true, 2 false, cause of teh War in Vietnam or war in your backyard thingo ...

what did u think of the extended responses, i was so happy it wasnt a decade study !!(stupid teacher ran out time *grumble grumble* stupid.. had me freaking out)

DoctorPie

HSC
Korea was a UN-sanctioned war; I don't think the UN was in support of Vietnam.

I said that the first statement was true and the second false, as the people assembled were opposed to conscription rather than the war itself. Aside from that there was a sign which seemed to imply that they supported the war as it kept the fighting away from Australia.

A conscientious objector is morally opposed, I'm pretty sure. It's based on them refusing the call to military service on moral grounds.

suzlee

HSC
Argh so I got that moratorium one wrong.... I just looked at the picture and saw all these people wearing 'S.O.S' bib things and answered 'both statements are true' :mad1:

smushieex

HSC
1) I put korea.
2) both true.
3) moral grounds blah blah.
I'm not sure about the last two.

Cramkid

HSC
put
1) Vietnam,
2) both statements true
3) moral grounds

fuck i suck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)