English Short Story - Poll (1 Viewer)

In the short story, which option did you choose?

• Kathy and her prize

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Lee's phone

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • Something about an iron gate?

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • That really long sentence I didn't bother reading..

Votes: 21 26.9%

• Total voters

suzlee

HSC
There's a thread about Lee's phone one but I thought I'd make a poll to see which one was most popular.

I chose Kathy and her prize one :) Wrote some year 1 material about two primary school kids' friendship... with sophisticated language lol

Matt's this emo boy who misses the old Kathy who used to regard him as a true friend, but now turned into a total materialist and full of fake friends, etc :sleep:
Then something happens in the middle.................. :sleep:Something to do with two stars that supposedly belong to the two kids
In the end, Kathy suddenly stupidly realises what is REALLY important and comes back to Matt :sleep:
Ends with something like 'in the clear, Autumn sky, two stars winked down at them' :sleep:

Which one did you choose and what did you write about?

Snicho

HSC
mine started off with the iron gate thingy and then my character was like 'its gonna be okay" etc..
then i skipped back and went to 12 hours earlier..
spoke about how the latest thing on the news was the assassination of Obama then an earthquake hit.
Then the chick went to check on her boat..
found some weird looking creature
became friends with it
hid it in the house with the iron gates
then went home and watched the news and found out that a new carnivorous unidentified species had caused all the earthquakes... and that they had to be killed.. then i flickeb back to the start and finished

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Iron gate. It was around a house in which a little old lady [everyone seems to have put little old ladies in their houses] and her Vietnam vet son live. And the lady is deaf. And the son has nightmares. Basically, it's son gets up, reads paper, freaks out, faints, dreams, wakes up and cries. I dunno, it seemed good at the time.

Laryxle

HSC
I did the long one (street question)

At night the shadows come out to play, about nighttime on this street. I made it rhyme but there wasn't much plot.

piratebrentos

HSC
I did
Lee waited for the phone to ring
It got a bit weird after the first sentence ;)
My lee waited for the cut off time then he ventured out into the cold to a meeting place in the woods (it was snowing) there he found his friend who hadnt rang him because he had to keep quiet incase the enemies had followwed.
Lee's friend had gone to retrieve an item of theres from the bad guys who camp in the woods....
personly I liked it and I thought of it on the spot so it worked

Crosswinds

HSC
x jiim said:
Iron gate. It was around a house in which a little old lady [everyone seems to have put little old ladies in their houses] and her Vietnam vet son live. And the lady is deaf. And the son has nightmares. Basically, it's son gets up, reads paper, freaks out, faints, dreams, wakes up and cries. I dunno, it seemed good at the time.
What?! Aww i had an old lady too. (Except her Vietnam vet son was dead). So much for creative writing lol.

bexiiii

HSC
i did the iron gate.
haunted house+number 13+sexual abuse+ murder
yea something along those lines.

eilys close

HSC
Kathy arrived home clutching her prize...

A really awful story (it could have been written by a 12 year old, it was so soppy and fluffy and bleurgh) about a girl bringing home a baby parrot. Her dad thinks she shouldn't have it because she knows nothing but caves to Kathy's cuteness. Overnight, the father 'takes the cold body' and in the morning gives Kathy the feather. She cries and over the next month becomes obsessed with parrot welfare. She learnts how to keep them.
Then daddy takes her to a nice lady who shows Kathy a pretty parrot. Kathy says she doesn't want any parrot.
Daddy is happy Kathy learnt her lesson.
Then it turns out that it is the parrot, all grown up, that he didn't die and Kathy gets to keep him.

Tastes like cotton wool, right? I knew it! My ending was so lame, I ran out of lines and had to turn 5 sentences into one.

Annoyed at myself for being lame....:mad:

pandaemon

HSC
N/A
i chose the dark alley and wrote a pretty disturbing story lol....

a guy's alone in a dark alley and he imagines he's not alone... he's being pursued by someone.

he sees police cars in the distance and he imagines theres some lunatic on the lose.

he goes back home and finds his house in a terrible torn up state but remembers leaving it like that... vaguely....

he goes to the basin and washes his face, steps out and turns the tv on

turns out there IS a murdering cannibal on the lose, and he's been sighted in the local area.

the guy steps out into the open balcony and looks down towards the lake below.... and sees the killer....

but.... it's not a person....

it's a reflection.

HSC
I chose the high wall

and essentially just made it very sad..

or at least i tried to anyway

pandaemon

HSC
N/A
eilys close said:
Kathy arrived home clutching her prize...

A really awful story (it could have been written by a 12 year old, it was so soppy and fluffy and bleurgh) about a girl bringing home a baby parrot. Her dad thinks she shouldn't have it because she knows nothing but caves to Kathy's cuteness. Overnight, the father 'takes the cold body' and in the morning gives Kathy the feather. She cries and over the next month becomes obsessed with parrot welfare. She learnts how to keep them.
Then daddy takes her to a nice lady who shows Kathy a pretty parrot. Kathy says she doesn't want any parrot.
Daddy is happy Kathy learnt her lesson.
Then it turns out that it is the parrot, all grown up, that he didn't die and Kathy gets to keep him.

Tastes like cotton wool, right? I knew it! My ending was so lame, I ran out of lines and had to turn 5 sentences into one.

Annoyed at myself for being lame....:mad:
not bad compared to most of the others ive heard lol... there will always be the guys who'll make up some world of warcraft shit or copy some plot from some movie, so yeah not bad at all lol.

speedofsound

HSC
pandaemon said:
i chose the dark alley and wrote a pretty disturbing story lol....

a guy's alone in a dark alley and he imagines he's not alone... he's being pursued by someone.

he sees police cars in the distance and he imagines theres some lunatic on the lose.

he goes back home and finds his house in a terrible torn up state but remembers leaving it like that... vaguely....

he goes to the basin and washes his face, steps out and turns the tv on

turns out there IS a murdering cannibal on the lose, and he's been sighted in the local area.

the guy steps out into the open balcony and looks down towards the lake below.... and sees the killer....

but.... it's not a person....

it's a reflection.
what the fuck

I don't get it lol

pandaemon

HSC
N/A
speedofsound said:
what the fuck

I don't get it lol
it's a reflection.... he sees a reflection of himself in the lake and realises that hes the killer.

i forgot to mention that the title of the story is
"schizophrenia"

twist...

speedofsound

HSC
pandaemon said:
it's a reflection.... he sees a reflection of himself in the lake and realises that hes the killer.

i forgot to mention that the title of the story is
"schizophrenia"

twist...
Ohh, I get it now... haha wow

smushieex

HSC
I chose kathy and her prize.
My story was pretty lame, I suck at creative writing. Lol
it was pretty much about kathy being an unwanted daughter no matter how hard she tried at school etc.
Oh man, I'm like cringing just thinking about my stupid story. LOL
oh well.
Did you have to provide a title?

pandaemon

HSC
N/A
smushieex said:
I chose kathy and her prize.
My story was pretty lame, I suck at creative writing. Lol
it was pretty much about kathy being an unwanted daughter no matter how hard she tried at school etc.
Oh man, I'm like cringing just thinking about my stupid story. LOL
oh well.
Did you have to provide a title?
yeah, title is the one thing they dont mention and a lot of people forget.

Xavia

HSC
I wrote about the iron gate.. Unfortunatly the word "protected" made me immediatly take that as a challange..

Its hard to write a good storey about stealing things from loaded people...

speedofsound

HSC
smushieex said:
LOL crapppp
lol I forgot too. I don't think they'd take away marks though. As if we're gonna remember something so insignificant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)