Possibly getting 0 in geo/hist test (1 Viewer)

qmaz

HSC
I was bored because i finished history and geography literally 40 minutes before time limit (i write real fast), so i turned all my MC sheets upside down and set all my test papers to the side. I started drawing stitches along the creases of my palm. After i finished i noticed lead supervisor was standing next to me lol. She's like "Please stay back after everyone is dismissed please" and i reply " Why? for drawing on my hand?" and she said "Yes i'm going to report you to the principle" and i got pissed and i argued a bit saying she didn't say anything about drawing on hands when she read out the rules at beginning of the test. Chance of anything happening you reckon?

I looked up board of studies school certificate examination rules and conducts...has nothing in it about drawing on hands.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
qmaz said:
I was bored because i finished history and geography literally 40 minutes before time limit (i write real fast), so i turned all my MC sheets upside down and set all my test papers to the side. I started drawing stitches along the creases of my palm. After i finished i noticed lead supervisor was standing next to me lol. She's like "Please stay back after everyone is dismissed please" and i reply " Why? for drawing on my hand?" and she said "Yes i'm going to report you to the principle" and i got pissed and i argued a bit saying she didn't say anything about drawing on hands when she read out the rules at beginning of the test. Chance of anything happening you reckon?

I looked up board of studies school certificate examination rules and conducts...has nothing in it about drawing on hands.
O_O; it shouldn't be against the rules to do that.

But your profile says your HSC is in 2008....

Fezzyy

HSC
I don't understand how you can fail a test because of drawing on your hand when you were finished. Cos it's not like you came into the exam room WITH stuff on your hand. Maybe that's what she's suspecting. I doubt that you'll fail it.

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
Err...that is like fucked up.

What an evil supervisor.

How on earth can you cheat or w/e by writing on your hand? (maybe there is a way and im just naive, but I cant see how)

keenith

HSC
qmaz said:

hey i finished 40 mins early and started to draw stitches on my hand too ^_^V i made mine really bloody

but i didnt get into trouble

keenith

HSC
but writing on your hand can be like a signal or something like morse code??

maybe the supervisor is on crack?

qmaz

HSC
Using brothers account :p nah see because i was so focussed on drawing on my hands that i didn't notice that she was standing directly in front of me 'till i looked up when i was done. And maybe the fact that i acted rude to her as well. But she deserved it, giving out 0's to people who don't deserve it. Also she smelt.

I'm booked in for one period with principle tomorrow afternoon. I'ma print off those Rules and Conduct During Examination pages just to own his arguments. :)

suzlee

HSC
It's considered as "unauthorised material" that they read out at the beginning, I think... but then it's not something you 'brought into' the exam; I really don't get it.

speedofsound

HSC
Even if you walked into the exam with stitches drawn on your hand, I hardly see how you'd be able to cheat off of it.

ando2409

HSC
You may be in more trouble than you think. If you were "bored" and drawing on your hand with 40 mins left in a SC exam, it may be considered a non-serious attempt. It may also be seen as a distraction to other students if they see you doing it.

There are many reasons that may be considered a wrong-doing in your case. While the board of studies does not indicate that "You must not draw on your hands", their interest is for you to demonstrate your learning and understanding, and take an exam as such seriously.

You will really have to impress your principal tomorrow, as I imagine it lies in their hands as to whether or not you get a zero determination.

suzlee

HSC
ando2409 said:
You may be in more trouble than you think. If you were "bored" and drawing on your hand with 40 mins left in a SC exam, it may be considered a non-serious attempt. It may also be seen as a distraction to other students if they see you doing it.

There are many reasons that may be considered a wrong-doing in your case. While the board of studies does not indicate that "You must not draw on your hands", their interest is for you to demonstrate your learning and understanding, and take an exam as such seriously.

You will really have to impress your principal tomorrow, as I imagine it lies in their hands as to whether or not you get a zero determination.

oh em gee.

speedofsound

HSC
ando2409 said:

Dramatic, much?

qmaz

HSC
lol fuck that. People shouldn't be looking at me, they should be looking at their test papers. I told you i'm a quick writer and i'm good at history and geography so i knew the answers to all MC questions and extended response. I told her i finished and i already checked my answers. Other people, after 1 hour, put their head on the desk and just sat there doing nothing, and nothing happened to them.

This is not fair, and I extremely doubt i will be given a 0 determination mark. Principle will be like "If you do this type of thing in the HSC, there will be punishments. Try not to do it again. If your bored just sit there" He has other people to worry about stuffing around in the exam. One example, two of my friends drove to school (they don't have a license) and they crashed it just outside the school. They sat half the test and suddenly were whisked away by some teacher. One of them had blood all over his ears.

Even if drawing on your hands during SC is wrong, I'm pretty sure he'll let me off. 16 people had phones in their pockets in the first test, but all of them declared it after the test. Shouldn't they be given 0 ? Well they didn't recieve 0. The same lead supervisor said to the principal "We'll give them a chance" and they could have actually cheated from their mobile phones. What so lines and stitches are code to how Gough Whitlam contributed to Australia's development?

I'll post back what happens.

qmaz

HSC
lol psh non-serious attempt. I aced those tests.

suzlee

HSC
qmaz said:
lol fuck that. People shouldn't be looking at me, they should be looking at their test papers. I told you i'm a quick writer and i'm good at history and geography so i knew the answers to all MC questions and extended response. I told her i finished and i already checked my answers. Other people, after 1 hour, put their head on the desk and just sat there doing nothing, and nothing happened to them.

This is not fair, and I extremely doubt i will be given a 0 determination mark. Principle will be like "If you do this type of thing in the HSC, there will be punishments. Try not to do it again. If your bored just sit there" He has other people to worry about stuffing around in the exam. One example, two of my friends drove to school (they don't have a license) and they crashed it just outside the school. They sat half the test and suddenly were whisked away by some teacher. One of them had blood all over his ears.

Even if drawing on your hands during SC is wrong, I'm pretty sure he'll let me off. 16 people had phones in their pockets in the first test, but all of them declared it after the test. Shouldn't they be given 0 ? Well they didn't recieve 0. The same lead supervisor said to the principal "We'll give them a chance" and they could have actually cheated from their mobile phones. What so lines and stitches are code to how Gough Whitlam contributed to Australia's development?

I'll post back what happens.

You have an extremely valid point. I'll be looking forward to the outcome.

victoria10

HSC
dude everyone in our hist/geo exam finish like 30-40 mins before we were suppose to.

we were all sitting there doing nothing, i like covered every inch of my desk with pen i was that bored.

they can't fail you for drawing on your hand. thats like saying they will fail you for writing on the desk.

the supervisors thinks they can do whatever they want. thats what i find.

studentcheese

HSC
lol true. the supervisors are very arrogant, stuck up people.

Last edited:

pandaemon

HSC
N/A
qmaz said:

yeah well to you they were just simple drawings, but for all the supervisor knows they might be some sort of code to unlock the ancient secrets of EVIL.....

probably thought you were drawing the answers or something. just explain yourself and show em that the drawings are harmless.

bit too late for that now though lol.

HSC
lol i drew stars over my placement card..

then used white out on everything except the
bos number and name and drew stars all over that too =]

but writing on your hand might seem like you had notes
beforehand and then just covered it up..they may think
of it that way..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)