Inquiry into Exam Supervisors! (1 Viewer)

akrinis

HSC
So I was doing my History/Geography Paper yesterday, and before the exam started, the Supervisor lady was reading out the BOS' Guidelines and Rules. Then she went on to say, "We advise you to keep to the lines. If you decide you have made a mistake, there is space at the bottom for you to change your answer. We cannot provide any paper or material to students during the examination."

This is ludicrous! I just spoke with my Geography & History Teachers, the Head of the HSIE Department AND my Careers Advisor and they all told me you're allowed to have more paper for responding to the answers. "You're allowed to write 6 Booklets if you want."

In my History Paper, the 15-Mark Extended Response, I wrote about Aborigines and Land Rights. I don't know what my mark will be yet but I know I could have written A LOT MORE. I was under the impression that if I wrote any more, I would be penalized because they DID say the bottom space is for changing your answer, thus, disregarding anything I wrote in my above lines.

The Exam Supervisors have made a mistake, and they should be punished. Special considerations should also be given to our school year because the Supervisors denied us the right to more Examination papers. :burn:

I may have lost some potential marks because of a mistake a Supervisor made, and should be responsible for.

The HSIE Department and my Careers Advisor is gonna be doing some calling up. The Supervisors' response is something I'm going to find really interesting. The WHOLE grade are witnesses.

Last edited:

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
We weren't allowed to use extra paper either.

Don't fret. It's only SC not the HSC so it's no big deal. As long as you answered the question and said what you had to you'll get good results. :)

studentcheese

HSC
OMG. I wrote some of my answers below the actually line. I hope they still read it. In the HSC, they give you more paper. No doubt about that. Stupid School Certificate. Hey, I'm pretty sure they will still read the words below the line because I looked at some standard packages and some people wrote below the line.

My supervisors told us the same thing. Simply atrocious behaviour!

Laryxle

HSC
We got told by our teachers that they give you limited lines because that's how long they want the answer to be. They give you enough lines to fulfill the requirements of the questions, and no more. I don't think it matters if you just went a little off the lines, but if you did whole extra paragraphs then they may mark you down.

Just do what I did, write really small :p

akrinis

HSC
Laryxle said:
We got told by our teachers that they give you limited lines because that's how long they want the answer to be. They give you enough lines to fulfill the requirements of the questions, and no more. I don't think it matters if you just went a little off the lines, but if you did whole extra paragraphs then they may mark you down.

Just do what I did, write really small :p
But, I looked at the HIGH-RANGE SAMPLE ANSWERS by students of the previous years' History paper and they WROTE A LOT, probably more than what's 'allowed' since the answers were high-range, I doubt they got any less than 14/15.

The whole thing is screwd. So who's wrong? My teachers or the Supervisors?

And the English paper - it said you should allow 25 minutes. But the lines were hardly enough for that duration of time.

studentcheese

HSC
The supervisors aren't markers. lol. so what would they know? they probably said that to make sure:

A) you finish the exam
B) you don't ask for extra paper

melli-girl

HSC
We were allowed extra paper, but I don't think many of us used it, so it didn't matter.

bemer

HSC
k then i got 2 questions:
1. is if u rote under the lines they dont mark it ???
2. is u rite on the blank page do they mark that - coz wanna of da bitch supervisors told me cross of the front part start fresh on the bak!! but shes so old and frkn loost

saphier11

HSC
the old ones don't no what there doing they should be replaced whatever they say just ignore them

pandaemon

HSC
N/A
saphier11 said:
the old ones don't no what there doing they should be replaced whatever they say just ignore them
they're all old....

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Our supervisors said that the lines we are given are an indication of how long our answer should be, and that we shouldn't have to ask for more paper.
Although some people ask for more paper and wrote more anyway.

saphier11

HSC
pandaemon said:
they're all old....
yeh and they think the way they were taught wich was like 50 years ago they dont get the new generation they think in the past we think to the future

akrinis

HSC
pwoh said:
Our supervisors said that the lines we are given are an indication of how long our answer should be, and that we shouldn't have to ask for more paper.
Although some people ask for more paper and wrote more anyway.
Can I have the name of your school? I'm writing an appeal.

suzlee

HSC
Wow... are you really trying this hard just to scrape a few more marks in the SC?

I agree with what you said up there about it being unfair and all but seriously...

smile00

HSC
What would happen if you had like super sized handwriting ? That would be unfair - you'd have less writing space, or if you had minicule writing and could fit a whole essay on the lines! Silly SC, in VCE we can write as much as we want in extended response they just give us more script booklets.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah! that's what our supervisors said to, to stick to the number of lines that were given to us, it's not really fair though, I could've shoved in a lot more things into my History and Geography extended response if I was allowed extra pages. T.T But then, it might be annoying if there was loose leaf..I've heard of people writing 44 pages on an extended response in the HSC. I can't believe that. That's just insane, I'd hate to be the examiner who's marking these extended response.

lolrofllol

HSC
suzlee said:
Wow... are you really trying this hard just to scrape a few more marks in the SC?

I agree with what you said up there about it being unfair and all but seriously...
QFT

akrinis

HSC
suzlee said:

You don't understand. This matter is bigger than 'just a few marks' and it does not involve exclusively ME.

I know of other peers in my year who have been led to believe that they were not allowed to request for more examination papers, by the Presiding Officer.

Try to understand where I'm coming from in regards to my appeal. I believe in fairness and equality, and I think it's only fair if all schools follow the same rules.

If any of you were allowed extra Exam papers, please send me a PM with the name of your school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)