creative writing (1 Viewer)

irissharon

HSC
just a quick question about the creative writing on belonging. Can it be vritten in a format of diary, or it has to be written in a story - like format??

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
just a quick question about the creative writing on belonging. Can it be vritten in a format of diary, or it has to be written in a story - like format??

It can be in the format of a diary, it can be in just about any format, not just a story. One word of caution though, diary entries are really difficult to do well and its easy to ramble on about nothing and not show off your writing skills. So if you do opt for diary format, make sure you have your teacher look it over.

LEEESHA

HSC
It can be written in practically any format you wish. The diary approach can be very effective for allowing the reader to delve into the mind of the persona, but it can also be challenging to grasp the actual story or plot. I guess it depends on how you're relating your story to belonging, internal or external? Or both?

I wrote my creative in narrative form so i'd be able to get the story and plot across, but i also included 'diary' entries written by the central character (and it fitted well with the story) to emphasise their internal thoughts. It was apparently a successful approach and story (according to the english teachers who read it).

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I was told u can write it in any format u want considering it says 'creative writing' and not specifically stating 'story', however most students go for writing a short story as it is, to most students, the easiest to write

bored of sc

HSC
As I have found, creative writing is very difficult. So make sure you edit and refine heaps.
As for the thread topic, it will specify on the exam paper what text type to write in. Sometimes they have given the students a choice by using 'imaginative response' while at other time being more specfic with 'short story', 'diary entry' etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)