younger siblings give you extra marks? (1 Viewer)

catsta

HSC
is this true?
holy smokes my mum has been bugging me about this for WEEKS! she's heard from some other mum that there's this special form you can fill in if you have siblings under 10 that will give you extra marks in the HSC.
i wanted to check here first before asking my year adviser, because we have learnt from years of experience that what my mum hears is usually the exact opposite of the truth, and didn't want to sound like a complete numbskull.
help would be GREATLY appreciated.

thankyou!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Just out of curiosity, say you had a single parent and a young, severely disabled sibling, would you be able to gain bonus points on the grounds that sharing the responsibility of looking after your sibling would impede on your studies?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Just out of curiosity, say you had a single parent and a young, severely disabled sibling, would you be able to gain bonus points on the grounds that sharing the responsibility of looking after your sibling would impede on your studies?
I actually wouldnt mind this question being answered.

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
i ve heard that of you have over X number of siblings you get marks, if you say you have to have to look after them. not sure if its ture, but a firend told me who's older brother got them, something along those lines.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
very good point, it is quite possible, but i doubt it, ask about your careers adviser about the Education Acess Scheme (EAS) for more, i tried to look at the site its closed or sumthing, but yeah goodluck!
twas hypothetical

shady145

Banned
HSC
i have 2 siblings under the age of 10, y whould they give me any extra marks. sure they are anoyying, i dnt c any reason to get extra marks

pman

Banned
HSC
Just out of curiosity, say you had a single parent and a young, severely disabled sibling, would you be able to gain bonus points on the grounds that sharing the responsibility of looking after your sibling would impede on your studies?​
You would prob be eligable for the access sceme which does not get you extra marks but makes it easier to get into uni on a low uai

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
You don't get "extra marks" because you have siblings. You do however get them if you have "excessive responsibilty for care of children and/or other family members". That was stated in last years EAS info booklet.

Having completed my HSC last year, I did put this down as one of my minor issues faced while doing my HSC. My parents worked excessive hours and so I ultimately had to look after my siblings while they were at work.

As for having responsibilities over a disabled child/family member, that does also come under another category. So yes, you would be able to use that as a reason for an educational disadvantage.

Here's a link to the 09 EAS info booklet.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm starting to wish I had younger siblings....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)