Accelerants and ATAR (1 Viewer)

Brontecat

HSC
I've read the stuff about ATAR and only understand that the new top rank is 99.95 not 100, but what does in mean about the year 7 thing and what does it mean for people accelerating certain courses

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The short answer is that accelerants are in exactly the same position as everyone else, so you've nothing to worry about.

See this post about the Year 7 thing as well as this related thread.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
this sudden change is retarded. I can see why the maximum mark is 99.95 but I don't see why they changed the name. I like UAI more than ATAR

freaksoutalot

HSC
hmmm this is a good point.

i did buso last year n therefore got ranked against my cohort who took the test last year?

so does that obv get re-scaled to my atar?

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
I was talking to a friend about this who is doing pathways who was in my year until year 11 and even though her year 7 cohort is finished she is not, how does that work for her?

Brontecat

HSC
*bump

yeh i'm still kinda confused cause i sat the HSC Bio and Maths with everyone else this year, but does ATAR mean that i'm versing all those people who sit the Bio and Maths next year (my year 7 cohort)?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
*bump

yeh i'm still kinda confused cause i sat the HSC Bio and Maths with everyone else this year, but does ATAR mean that i'm versing all those people who sit the Bio and Maths next year (my year 7 cohort)?
No, scaling still takes place in the year you completed the course. Scaling hasn't changed at all, it's only the ranking part that has changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)