During examination reading time (1 Viewer)

tku336

HSC
I know you're not allowed to hold pens during that time, but are you allowed to highlight? That would make things so much easier during long comprehension passages in English and sources in History, for example.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You are not allowed to have any writing implement in your hands and that includes highlighters.

dynan

HSC
i read the whole paper, then start on the multiple choice
mark the answers with your fingernail so you can quicly fill them in when you can pick up a pen

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Are you allowed to use your calculator?

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
mark the answers with your fingernail so you can quicly fill them in when you can pick up a pen
DON'T TRY THIS! It is a breach of exam rules, which state:

During reading time, you must not write, use any equipment including highlighters, or annotate your exam paper in any way.

You are likely to get busted and risk the loss of your course.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
BOSBOY notwithstanding, are you allowed to do that?

raniaaa

:)
HSC
DON'T TRY THIS! It is a breach of exam rules, which state:

During reading time, you must not write, use any equipment including highlighters, or annotate your exam paper in any way.

You are likely to get busted and risk the loss of your course.

what if you say your fingernail was itchy and you were using the paper to itch it, and the parts you used just happened to be the answer.. :eek:

HSC
i just remember the answers of the first 4-5 multiple choice in my head, it's not that hard

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
what if you say your fingernail was itchy and you were using the paper to itch it, and the parts you used just happened to be the answer.. :eek:
After all that, might as well just memorise the answers. :p

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
english paper 1- read the section 1 texts, and then shit myself when i realise i dun understand them
english paper 2 - turn to module B and have a breakdown when i see it's on something i have NO FREAKIN CLUE about
4u - look at question 8, figure out "plan of attack" =P
3u - similar to 4u, just question 7
bio - look at option topic, decide whether to do it BEFORE or AFTER the core part of the paper
chem - same as bio (but also lots of cringing when i see wat BIG MARK questions they come up with in shipwrecks =P)

but also just shit myself in general xD xD

That works a charm actually :D
My sister used in when she did the HSC for Economics and Physics as well. Although, the rules might've changed because that was 8 years ago.
wow BIG gap between siblings =P ....although not the BIGGEST ive heard of xD

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
they will break ur finger
this aint some pop quiz this is srs fkn business

Uncle

Banned
HSC
english paper 1- read the section 1 texts, and then shit myself when i realise i dun understand them
english paper 2 - turn to module B and have a breakdown when i see it's on something i have NO FREAKIN CLUE about
4u - look at question 8, figure out "plan of attack" =P
3u - similar to 4u, just question 7
bio - look at option topic, decide whether to do it BEFORE or AFTER the core part of the paper
chem - same as bio (but also lots of cringing when i see wat BIG MARK questions they come up with in shipwrecks =P)

but also just shit myself in general xD xD

wow BIG gap between siblings =P ....although not the BIGGEST ive heard of xD
english paper 1 - read all texts in part one, develop creative writing piece in part two and develop extended response in your head all within ten minutes.

english paper 2 - develop three extended responses in your head within ten minutes.

if you cannot do that, band 5 or 6 is out of your reach.

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
english paper 1 - read all texts in part one, develop creative writing piece in part two and develop extended response in mind all within ten minutes.

english paper 2 - develop three extended responses within ten minutes.

how can we train for this uncle

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
english paper 1 - read all texts in part one, develop creative writing piece in part two and develop extended response in your head all within ten minutes.

english paper 2 - develop three extended responses in your head within ten minutes.

lolol dun worry im fairly sure band 6 IS outta reach, but i still gotta TRY for it xD

Uncle

Banned
HSC
how can we train for this uncle
i thought this opportunity would have presented itself in the trials.
you should have already developed the creative technique of understanding your texts and its relation to the module or area of study and be aware of the basic underlying principles and structure of composing either an essay, speech, interview script or feature article and apply them on the spot within forty minutes.

also, you should train your brain to think incredibly fast and generate large amounts of content in a relatively short time like a human computer, that is a skill that is not easily taught.

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
also, you should train your brain to think incredibly fast and generate large amounts of content in a relatively short time like a human computer, that is a skill that is not easily taught.
yer im doin intensive nintendo ds brain training and sudoku but i need better advice, what is ur engineer secret ... dj max?

Uncle

Banned
HSC
no i didnt do any of that.
no sudoku or nintendo game.
i didnt take any tutoring, i didnt take drugs or energy drinks like those pathetic miscreants who thought maybe extended consumption of such would equal better performance only to deceive themselves.

just do those HSC exams, give it what you got, repeat for next exam then done.
dont see why HSC is such a big deal.

without a doubt, past papers are good and make sure you have efficient techniques you developed and which proved successful for you in the trials. thats what the trials are for.

i am the best at what i do.
also, try to be straight edge.

lizajane91

HSC
my english tutor was like "just write on the section 1 texts all they can do is tell you to put ur pen down"....me "uhh no thanks, ill be right." (stuff wasting 2 very boring yrs of english study!)

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
I always just start to compose an introduction in my head...not that hard, is it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)