New paper layout becareful!!! (1 Viewer)

sharp_pencil

HSC
Ok the HSC is a little different this year so listen up! You get a BIG A3 kinda paper and it has a black frame around it IF YOU WRITE OUTSIDE THIS THE EXAMINERS WILL NOT SEE THE YOUR WORKING because all your exams get scanned into a computer so the examiners just see the scanned images. so if u did ipt and u wrote words outside the box your gonna have a bit of trouble lol. just though u guys might wanna know before maths exam :D gl everyone

sharp_pencil

HSC
BTW my teacher did confirm this since he went to receive training for this new system.

Dirron

HSC
In IPT i didn't have enough room and wrote a couple of words outside of the black margin -.- damnit, they were important, lol.

raniaaa

:)
HSC
i thought examiners read everything you write on the paper... that's why your supposed to do all your working out on that booklet

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Yeah my maths teacher also mentioned something about this system, but we weren't told about a giant piece of paper with black margins. I wish they told us about these things

sharp_pencil

HSC
Yeh im certain of IPT since i did it :| Also for maths im certain of. I have a feeling its similar for ancient but im unsure. Bl to the guy who wrote outside for ipt :\

stepphhh

HSC
yeah what if we make a mistake and so we have wasted room in every other subject you just use more booklets? why wouldn't they tell us if anything outside the lines wont be marked?

tku336

HSC
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be allowed to ignore work like that.Examiners feeding them into the compurer would probably check the hardcopy of your exam to make sure anything isn't on the other pages, in which case they'd presumably photocopy them too. They're not out to get you.

boxhunter91

HSC
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be allowed to ignore work like that.Examiners feeding them into the compurer would probably check the hardcopy of your exam to make sure anything isn't on the other pages, in which case they'd presumably photocopy them too. They're not out to get you.
How could they be bothered to scan each individual paper.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
+1. I haven't seen the actual booklets as yet, but unless they say in massive bold letters 'DO NOT WRITE OUTSIDE THIS SPACE', they'll take account of that.

tku336

HSC
Correct me if i'm wrong, but surely all that said was they had new 4pg types of writing booklets with the question, centre, and subject printed on the front. Nothing about writing inside the lines or using computers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)