STAT test 2moro.. whose doing it? (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
im doing the STAT test 2moro...

is it going to make a difference whether or not we do the practice questions we got in that booklet? im only half heartedly doing this STAT test because im still not 100% sure whether i wanna do pharmacy or not (i know its bad)

ive done about 3 'units' out of the 22 that were in the booklets we received. i havent had time 2 do anymore... will it make a difference?

imoO

HSC
what i found was that they screw around with your brain by putting one maths-based question, one literacy, one math.....

so i did every 2nd question first(maths based), then when I was done that I started on the english kinda ones...

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah wtf
i found it really hard
the questions were too complex/riddlesome... i guessed a few, overanalysed a few, and rushed the last 15 or so because i was running out of time (due to overanalysis)
i dont think im gonna get the 150 required for pharmacy :(

so when/how do we get the results?

okimura1170

HSC
N/A
I did the Stat on Saturday Oct 24th.
I felt the actual exam on the day was way more difficult than the practice booklets (one free & the other had to pay for) that I practiced on. Maybe it was just nerves being the "real" thing rather than just practice at home.

I was ahead of time for the 1st hr, then must have slowed down cos started to run out of time at the end !
I was sitting up the front, and looked around after finishing time - and only then realised that a fair no. of people had left early.
I was getting worried as both (i) had to rush my answers towards the end -& here were people leaving early ! , and (ii) felt that actual exam on day was way harder than the practice exams that I self-marked myself at 62/70 on each under exam conditions at home.

anyway the letter came from UAC today with results
(note: exam sat on 24/10/09, results letter arrive 19/11/09),
and I am so relieved - got 176 or 98.8 percentile........

2010 pharmacy at SydUni is still alive for me :eek:)

Good luck to other STAT sitters

2sXc4yU

Banned
HSC
you people are all stupid
the stat test is incredibly easy... i took it because i initially wanted to do pharmacy, it was so easy, finished in an hour, confident i answered all of them right

got a final score of 191.
shame i dont want to do pharmacy anymore

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
you people are all stupid
the stat test is incredibly easy... i took it because i initially wanted to do pharmacy, it was so easy, finished in an hour, confident i answered all of them right

got a final score of 191.
shame i dont want to do pharmacy anymore
I cranked out a 196 and naturally if you got a good mark you would have found the test relatively simple.

Just go in and crank through it focus on each question individually and if you get stuck move on, follow basic exam policy. I don't understand how they can only expect people to get above 150 for pharmacy, it is so ridiculously low. In my mind a test like stat should be included in calculating our final mark rather than simply testing our ability to regurgitate syllabus materials.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
hey im doing the stat test on december the 5th... anyone got any advice on how to go really well ahhaa i am quite nervous for it cause it should be so easy but im worried !!!!! any advice would be appreciated thanks ..

just do the practice questions.. not really much else you can do!
im pretty sure i screwed my test up
didnt do any practice questions, found it kinda hard
guessed a few, overanalysed a few
rushed the last 15 or so
guessed the last Q without even looking at it coz i ran outta time

but the thing is, i didnt do any practice questions for it lol
so now hopefully i will scrape a 150 :(

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
how'd u go
?
who me? i have no idea.. i only took the test 2 days ago so i dont have results yet

but im guessing i didnt do very well :(
we'll have to wait and see though

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
do we all sit the same test? Like im doing it on the 5th of December but do we sit the same test that other yr 12's sat in around may/june?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
do we all sit the same test? Like im doing it on the 5th of December but do we sit the same test that other yr 12's sat in around may/june?

yup... same stat test for everyone

okimura1170

HSC
N/A
the questions are rather long, i doubt that you can memorise more than a couple of questions.
Like there is - say a 30 line poem, and you need to answer questions about how one of the characters in poem view the world - and there are 2 of the mult choice answers which are both look applicable - horrible stuff.
the sample exam on the acer stat website will give you an idea of what the exam questiosn are like

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
omg!!! got my results in the mail today....

Verbal STAT score= 167
Quantitative STAT score= 170

Overall STAT score= 168

so yeah more than enough for pharmacy :)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
haha thanks

congrats on ur score of 176 too.. thats HEAPS good!!!!

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
What score would be the cut-off for Pharmacy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)