wilfred Owen... (1 Viewer)

hood hood

HSC
hey guys,
im just wondering has anyone studied or studying the text on wilfred owens poetry??
it will be much apprieciated if anyone could give me just a sentence about his poetry like i know that he wrote about the war but also what kind of techniques does he usually uses in his poetry?

Phylo

ballin
HSC
Owen constantly expressed his animosity towards war, the military and society.
In most of his poems he uses bitter sarcasm to illustrate his point. "Anthem for Doomed Youth", "Dulce Et Decorum Est" He used ironic titles to show to people that the beliefs the people had going into the war were diminished upon entering it.
Owen obviously felt disgusted at the fact that through the pressures of society and all the propaganda, soldiers had a very misguided look on how war would be. "He thought of jewelled hilts...And care of arms...Esprit de corps...he was drafted out with drums and cheers."
Owen would have been outraged at how vibrant young men would have been lured into a deathtrap. "What passing-bells for these who die as cattle?"
The 5533 Australians that were killed would never have funerals, they would just be corpses on the battlefield, unrecognized or acknowledged.
Owen, through his poetry expressed his anger about these issues and experiences.

hood hood

HSC
Owen constantly expressed his animosity towards war, the military and society.
In most of his poems he uses bitter sarcasm to illustrate his point. "Anthem for Doomed Youth", "Dulce Et Decorum Est" He used ironic titles to show to people that the beliefs the people had going into the war were diminished upon entering it.
Owen obviously felt disgusted at the fact that through the pressures of society and all the propaganda, soldiers had a very misguided look on how war would be. "He thought of jewelled hilts...And care of arms...Esprit de corps...he was drafted out with drums and cheers."
Owen would have been outraged at how vibrant young men would have been lured into a deathtrap. "What passing-bells for these who die as cattle?"
The 5533 Australians that were killed would never have funerals, they would just be corpses on the battlefield, unrecognized or acknowledged.
Owen, through his poetry expressed his anger about these issues and experiences.
THANXZ, took a while for poeple to reply but that was helpful lol thankyouh, also um as you previously mentioned "Esprit de corps" do you know if that is latin or french??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)