King Richard III & Looking For Richard Comparitive Study. (1 Viewer)

laurajohnston5

HSC
"In what ways is your appreciation of both texts enhanced by a comparative study of power and ego in King Richard III and Looking For Richard?"

I have to write an introduction for an essay on this topic essay and I have no idea what it is asking me to do. I understand that I must look at Pacino's reshaping of the text and that i must address how the themes of power and ego come to light, but i don't understand what it means by "In what ways is your appreciation enhanced." If someone could give me an example sentence of how i would display that my appreciation has been enhanced by a comparative study, that would be great. I have no idea what the hell i'm doing.

elrond

HSC
N/A
your appreciation is enhanced when looking at the texts together gives you a greater understanding of each. E.g. Looking for Richard and the way Pacino explores Richard's motivations can give you a deeper understanding of/appreciation for Richard's lust for power in Richard III.

elrond

HSC
N/A
Another way of looking at it: Does Looking for Richard help you understand the characters and their actions in Richard II better? If so, how?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)