To see what is in front of one’s nose needs a constant struggle-what do people think? (1 Viewer)

buckskinbrumby

social misanthrope
HSC
What do people think of the quote “To see what is in front of one’s nose needs a constant struggle” in regards to today's society, as well as 1984 (quote is by George Orwell)?, and the issues that both societies face (govornments, censoring, money, religion, technology, whatever)??

Occupied

HSC
N/A
Re: To see what is in front of one’s nose needs a constant struggle-what do people th

What do people think of the quote “To see what is in front of one’s nose needs a constant struggle” in regards to today's society, as well as 1984 (quote is by George Orwell)?, and the issues that both societies face (govornments, censoring, money, religion, technology, whatever)??
sure, so like how we're are ignoring issues that are prevalent within society today? The quote sounds fine, but tbh a single line of analysis doesn't really mean much. You should be thinking "where am I going to take my argument? How does this quote add to what I'm trying to say?"

buckskinbrumby

social misanthrope
HSC
Re: To see what is in front of one’s nose needs a constant struggle-what do people th

It's a panel discussion, where I'm O'Brian (1984) and a friend is Freder (Metropolis) and we have to discuss the quote and themes behind it. I've written a plan and kinda know where I'm going with it, but would help to have some other viewpoints that I haven't thought of (which would be a lot haha). Also, I'm genuinely curious to see what other people think about it. Thanks =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)