I heard that there was a change in the Hamlet syllabus..? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Does anyone know what the change was? If we should be concerned? What should we do about it?

bored of sc

HSC
Same. Not too sure of the details. I think it took away the critical reception part i.e. how Hamlet has been received and valued over time and has changed it to a greater emphasis on language and the associated techniques.

HSC
Same. Not too sure of the details. I think it took away the critical reception part i.e. how Hamlet has been received and valued over time and has changed it to a greater emphasis on language and the associated techniques.
Ah okay. Well I sure hope that you're right! That shouldn't affect my study too much considering my assessments on Hamlet were based on features/techniques, with critical views being a lesser part of essays. Thanks :)

If anyone does know any specifics or anything else, I'd appreciate it if you could post here.

jellybelly59

HSC
Yes... That's what i heard too... Most of the information usually comes out of the marking centre so my tutor teacher and my ex-english teacher told me about the shift away from critical views... but i heard textual integrity was still important in the interpretation of the text.

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
i was told something about the removal of context? That was from a Snr Marker, not sure from what module, it was at a study day in singleton.

beebee1991

HSC
there was no change to the hamlet syllabus it was just that they had "dumbed" it down too much and it was causing confusion, so essentially all they did was released the "un-dumbed" down version of the same syllabus

kara42

HSC
This is what my amazing teacher told us:

Critical Study of Text

Old Syllabus

1. Demonstrates understanding of the ideas expressed in the text.

2. Evaluates the text's reception in different contexts.

3. Organises, develops and expresses ideas using language appropriate to audience and purpose.

New Syllabus

1. Demostrates an informed understanding of ideas expressed in text.

2. Evaluates the text's language, content and construction.

3. Organises and develops ideas using language appropriate to audience and purpose.

Hope this is what you were looking for. :)

HSC
This is what my amazing teacher told us:

Critical Study of Text

Old Syllabus

1. Demonstrates understanding of the ideas expressed in the text.

2. Evaluates the text's reception in different contexts.

3. Organises, develops and expresses ideas using language appropriate to audience and purpose.

New Syllabus

1. Demostrates an informed understanding of ideas expressed in text.

2. Evaluates the text's language, content and construction.

3. Organises and develops ideas using language appropriate to audience and purpose.

Hope this is what you were looking for. :)

Thanks so much! Exactly what I was looking for - simple, straight to the point, and didn't make me stress out haha :)

0hNivlek

HSC
I heard about this from my english teacher today where they are amending the syllabus or something to make it easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)