Preparing for Module B (1 Viewer)

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
So, I've done plenty of reading, research and practice essays, but the questions vary substantially. Thus, it doesn't really seem like good idea to play russian roulette and memorise one particular essay like you seem to be able to do for AOS/Mod A.

So without attempting to memorise 10 pages of notes, what is the best strategy to prepare for Module B?

NewiJapper

HSC
Depends what texts you are doing. For eg; With my Gwen Harwood poetry i get an A3 sheet of paper for each poem and create a table that has concept, technique, quote, effect/analysis and evaluation. I just fill it out keeping in my mind K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid) and I've got a comprehensive stash of study notes. But for our module b assesment tomorrow, I'm memorising an essay due to the fact we have rushed this module in 5 weeks :/

student6625

HSC
You can pretty much have one generic essay which covers every (if not, most) questions. Just keep the analysis of the text the same, but keep linking each paragraph back to the question at the beginning and end of the paragraph.

bouncing

HSC
i've heard that they can specify which 2 poems/speeches so ie if u were doing slessor they could be like "lbahblalha in reference to out of time and five visions" in which case if you did a generic and didnt include those 2 poems you would be completely screwed over.

thats what my teacher said (but then again i dont completely trust him) better to be safe than sorry right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)