Mod B Speeches Essay Structure (1 Viewer)

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
Hey,

With Module B (I am doing non-fiction, speeches) I have been structuring my essays like this:

Idea #1 (e.g. unity of purpose in Bandler's speech)
Idea #1 (another speech e.g. Suu Kyi)
Idea #2 (longevity/resonance due to textual integrity)
Idea #2 (longevity/resonance due to textual integrity in another speech)

In every Module B essay, I always seem to compare the speeches (no matter what the speech is, really...) in terms of unity or some crap and then discuss why they're still relevant/resonant (later on in the essay). Is that viable or should I be aiming to do something else? I am actually pretty stumped for ideas for Module B other than unifying the audience/unifying the audience in purpose and the textual integrity idea (as it is in the syllabus).

Any advice would be appreciated.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
nah that's fine. btw are you gonna ignore bandler and suu kyi because they've been tested already?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Hey,

With Module B (I am doing non-fiction, speeches) I have been structuring my essays like this:

Idea #1 (e.g. unity of purpose in Bandler's speech)
Idea #1 (another speech e.g. Suu Kyi)
Idea #2 (longevity/resonance due to textual integrity)
Idea #2 (longevity/resonance due to textual integrity in another speech)

In every Module B essay, I always seem to compare the speeches (no matter what the speech is, really...) in terms of unity or some crap and then discuss why they're still relevant/resonant (later on in the essay). Is that viable or should I be aiming to do something else? I am actually pretty stumped for ideas for Module B other than unifying the audience/unifying the audience in purpose and the textual integrity idea (as it is in the syllabus).

Any advice would be appreciated.
nah that's fine. btw are you gonna ignore bandler and suu kyi because they've been tested already?
lol awks

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
Lol if they do prescribe them again. But I think if they do prescribe Sadat/Keating, both of those are really good complementary speeches and therefore should not be ignored. But in honesty, I am going through every speech atm to some extent (except for Deane - they'll probs prescribe because I have no clue about it). Might have to give him a look but idk wtf I would use a complimentary speech for his... Most likely Keating.

Sadat/Keating prescription would be nice imo

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Yess omg i've prepared a lot for sadat and keating so hopin it'll be one of those 2.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Omggg don't even get me started. There/ nothing to talk about with deane so if they specify that then they can gtfo
they wouldn't specify something so specific; all the HSC questions are designed to be open ended iirc what my english teacher told me

#band4student:D

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
Omggg don't even get me started. There/ nothing to talk about with deane so if they specify that then they can gtfo
I'll smash my head on the desk and then apply for misadventure.

Yess omg i've prepared a lot for sadat and keating so hopin it'll be one of those 2.
Me too!

Enjoy if you get deane. Worst speech2k14
deane's speech is 10/10 idk what ur talking about

LOL JK I WILL CUT MYSELF

Sadat is my prediction
I hope so tbh. Best speech in terms of ideas/content (but the most boring imo)

they wouldn't specify something so specific; all the HSC questions are designed to be open ended iirc what my english teacher told me

#band4student:D
It's a part of the prescribed text and the board is from hell so they can if they'd like. I see them doing it just because they want to see me fail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)