Hamlet question. (1 Viewer)

GOsie

HSC
If the question was to specify a particular character such as Polonius, would the entire argument of the essay have to be about him (would all the quotes need to be about him or spoken by him)?

I'm worried they could ask for something very obscure and I don't know how to tackle something like that.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
They have never specified a character in any HSC/CSSA/independent question from what I'm aware.

If they ask a 'character' question, they'll let you choose (similar to the CSSA or independent, forgot which one, 2013 question).

Machiavelli1

HSC
If the question was to specify a particular character such as Polonius, would the entire argument of the essay have to be about him (would all the quotes need to be about him or spoken by him)?

I'm worried they could ask for something very obscure and I don't know how to tackle something like that.
I highly doubt they will write a question forcing people to only quote a specific character as you aren't showing a full understanding of the play which is the goal of the module.
If they do specify a character, I would imagine it would be someone of more importance ie Hamlet or Claudius or perhaps a couple of characters, otherwise they would most likely receive scripts with only a few pages of superficial analysis written.

GOsie

HSC
Thanks everyone. I was getting terrified.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
If they do specify a character it sure as hell won't be Polonius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)