is anyone doing William Butler Yeats for module B? (1 Viewer)

monopoly73

HSC
hi everyone,:smile:

just wondering if anyone else is doing WB yeats cause i dont see a lot of posts about him

asadhkhan17

HSC
Yes, I am. I was just thinking of starting a thread on Yeats lol.
Btw, I have a question. I was given 3 different practice questions for a Yeats essay. We are told that one of those practice questions will be coming in an upcoming assessment task.
These are the three question:
1. Yeats' poetry is a conflict between the real and the ideal.
2. An understanding of poetic structure and form is central to a full appreciation of Yeats' poetry.
3. Poetry makes nothing happen.

So I was wondering which one of those questions you think will come up. I personally think its either question 1 or 2. Because question 3 doesnt seem to test anything important.

monopoly73

HSC
oh my God, our teacher made us do the same thing as well:spin:
my questions are:
1. to what extent has the composer achieved his purpose
2. in your view, how does Yeats' portrayal of the complex nature of inspiration contribute to his enduring value of his poetry
3. how does the last stanza of three of Yeats poems summarise your opinion of the entire poem

for your questions it would either be 1 or 2 as number 3 isn't really a question you would probably find in the HSC

asadhkhan17

HSC
Ahhh, everyone i know seems to agree with you. IMHO i think if i got the same list of questions in my school i'd most likely get 1 or 2, but i'm not sure about what school you go so i can't tell. Btw, i was thinking we could start sharing notes for Yeats' poems.
I'll go first. I got this from this site and I found it pretty helpful. Not sure if you already have it, but yeah, here you go.

http://www.boredofstudies.org/download.php?id=9843

monopoly73

HSC
i have notes from school and analysis of each of the poems. i also have a band 6 essay about one of Yeats poems if you want. just PM me your email and i'ss send it to you,
:D good luck in english

maxi234

HSC
Hi!

Would you be able to send those notes/essays through? Really struggling with the concept of Yeats..:jawdrop:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)