textual integrity (1 Viewer)

mrpotatoed

HSC
Are we expected to mention textual integrity for every Mod B question, or only if the question specifically says so? How much context should mod B have? Thanks in advance.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
With Hamlet, I looked into aspects of body politic, and various elizabethan techniques.

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
I think the author's unique composition of individual texts imbue their works with textual integrity, so I think to an extent every question deals with textual integrity.

For example, Shakespeare's construction of Hamlet (an interpretation) emphasises on an ambiguity that reflects the nature of human life, as seen in..."

Secondly, context is also important, as in the syllabus context is one of the things you consider when you are critically analysing texts. So, for example in Hamlet, the famous line "To be or not to be" could reflect Shakespeare's ethical confusion during a time when England was at a crossroad between Catholicism and Protestantism :) (Just an interpretation, not sure if correct).

mrpotatoed

HSC
Just asking since I included textual integrity in my essay and the first time I introduced it (in intro), the marker underlined it and wrote "what?" so I think it negatively affected my marks as I showed how each paragraph supported my thesis and also contributed to the play's textual integrity. Was that a mistake?

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Just asking since I included textual integrity in my essay and the first time I introduced it (in intro), the marker underlined it and wrote "what?" so I think it negatively affected my marks as I showed how each paragraph supported my thesis and also contributed to the play's textual integrity. Was that a mistake?
I think strawberrye's advice of "answer the question and nothing but the question" applies to your scenario.

Make sure that all the answers you provide are relevant towards the questions and add value to your response. :) Creating a cohesive and argument is essential for success in HSC English Advanced, so if you do attempt to introduce topics that deviate from the question but are relevant, try not to make it stand out like a sore thumb...

mrpotatoed

HSC
Hmm.. idk... I only mentioned textual integrity in the concluding sentences of each body (took up maybe an extra 4-5 words) and once in the intro and conclusion, as I thought that was kind of the point of mod B (kind of like with Mod A you must have context). Ah well live and learn I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)