Critics (1 Viewer)

SlimiJay

HSC
how necessary is it to have a critic in your critical analysis? will i lose marks?

thanks

teridax

HSC
N/A
tbh, i never include critics in my mod B essay. iirc, it said somewhere in the 2012 marking centre that including critical perspectives was not necessary in gaining full marks

whilst you can look at the opinions of other people in response to your text (and it can be helpful it substantiating your ideas), mod B is ultimately about your personal understanding

crowley926

HSC
tbh, i never include critics in my mod B essay. iirc, it said somewhere in the 2012 marking centre that including critical perspectives was not necessary in gaining full marks

whilst you can look at the opinions of other people in response to your text (and it can be helpful it substantiating your ideas), mod B is ultimately about your personal understanding
^ pretty much
It says in marking criterias (and not just from 2012 either) that you don't need critics to get full marks

However it does bolster your argument and makes it adds the "critical" aspect to it since it shows you did research + in the half yearly in the comments section it was recommended that I add critics to show an informed personal understanding

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
I did speeches for my Mod B, but I have instructed a majority of my students to focus on their core text heavily and only incorporate critics if it suits nicely with their argument. Otherwise, I agree that it is difficult to include but by including it skillfully you might end up with a stronger argument.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)