Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By strawberrye

Thread: Speech

HSC

Speech

So i have to write a speech on two of the speeches in this module (i know lol, speech of a speech)
    We have to do Noel Pearson and another one of your choice, and so i decided to pick the Redfern speech, since i can see how it links very closely to Noel Pearsons.

Can someone give me some synthesis ideas between the two? I thought of using the fact that both speeches kind of criticise and evaluate the need for reconciliation between Non-Indigenous and Indigenous people. But i find this kind of weak.

Any suggestions are much appreciated Plz help me strawberrye
    I am rather fond of a sizeable Gluteus Maximus and I am incapable of uttering a falsehood

Quote Originally Posted by Carrotsticks View Post
    I too enjoy sliding up and down smooth vertical poles and creating lots of tension.

HSC

Re: Speech

Bump
    I am rather fond of a sizeable Gluteus Maximus and I am incapable of uttering a falsehood

I too enjoy sliding up and down smooth vertical poles and creating lots of tension.

HSC
    Uni Grad

Lol I like how you write my name in small letters
    Check out my guide and read through it-you might get more ideas on what you can link the two speeches on (sometimes though, if you are doing two speeches, doing it on exactly similar topics may NOT be the best idea-because you are limiting the ideas you can talk about unless you are very articulate in your manipulation of words to make the ideas distinct-consider another speech such as say Margaret Atwood or even Sadat's speech)-if you are comfortable with the ideas explored in those speeches of course.

Excelling in Critical Study-Speeches(2015-2020)-from a 99+ ATAR HSC graduate

Secondly, make sure you engage audience with sufficient rhetoric techniques and perhaps have an anecdote to engage audience in introduction. Be sure to check out the guide I have written on oral presentations in the English forum for some help in maximising your marks in your speech.
    Last edited by strawberrye; 18 Aug 2016 at 4:51 PM.

HSC

Thanks guys, i did my speech on monday. I defs got the rhetoric bit down, got everyone pree engaged.
    Just wondering, what do you guys think would be the best pair for HSC? I personally want to do sadat and maybe keating..?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by DatAtarLyfe View Post
    Thanks guys, i did my speech on monday. I defs got the rhetoric bit down, got everyone pree engaged.
    Just wondering, what do you guys think would be the best pair for HSC? I personally want to do sadat and maybe keating..?
    I did Sadat and Keating for both Half Yearlies and Trials, probably going to do them for HSC if they don't specify
    HSC 2016:
    Mathematics | Mathematics Extension 1 | Advanced Engrish | Chemistry | Japanese Continuers | Japanese Extension

Quote Originally Posted by leehuan View Post

Ancient Orator
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Shuuya View Post
    I did Sadat and Keating for both Half Yearlies and Trials, probably going to do them for HSC if they don't specify
    Is this prescribed or related?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by eyeseeyou View Post
    Is this prescribed or related?
    Mod B doesn't need related texts
    HSC 2016:
    Mathematics | Mathematics Extension 1 | Advanced Engrish | Chemistry | Japanese Continuers | Japanese Extension

Quote Originally Posted by leehuan View Post

Ancient Orator
    HSC
    N/A

Mod B doesn't need related texts
    Whoops my bad

HSC
    Uni Grad

There's no best pair because it depends on the question, and they can specify a question so you are better off thinking best PAIRS rather than one pair

HSC

Noice, i'll consider it
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberrye View Post
    There's no best pair because it depends on the question, and they can specify a question so you are better off thinking best PAIRS rather than one pair
    hmmm, that probably makes writing generic essays a pain....
    How often do they specify for a particular speech? Like i know last year was pretty "generic" in that there wasn't a specified prescribed

HSC
    Uni Grad

Noice, i'll consider it

hmmm, that probably makes writing generic essays a pain....
    How often do they specify for a particular speech? Like i know last year was pretty "generic" in that there wasn't a specified prescribed
    Trying to guess frequency is as successful as wondering how long a string can be or winning the lottery-It is best to just prepare if they do specify a speech-simply because they can and it is counterproductive for students to understand two speeches if they have actually prescribed 6/7.
    DatAtarLyfe likes this.

Thread Information