Gwen Harwood help! (1 Viewer)

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
Our teacher told us that we need to know EVERY Gwen Harwood poem for our paper 2 question as it might ask for a specific poem of hers, and a poem of our own choosing, is this true? Because if it is its FUCKING ILLEGAL!

clerisy

HSC
That would be true, and legal. In a past HSC paper (2002? can't remember for sure), where John Donne and Sylvia Plath were the poets used for this module, they specified a poem that had to be used.

I'm hoping though that they'll be easy on us (considering it's the first year for Harwood) and not specify one though :)

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
Two people who value your prescribed text in different ways and for different reasons are having a conversation.

Compose their conversation which should include consideration of the poetic techniques, language and ideas of the text.

In your answer you must refer to Sylvia Plath’s, Lady Lazarus and at least ONE other prescribed poem OR John Donne’s, The Sunne Rising and at least ONE other prescribed poem.

The prescribed texts are:
• Sylvia Plath, Ariel
* Lady Lazarus
* Ariel
* Nick and the Candlestick
* You’re
* Daddy
* The Applicant
* Kindness
or

• John Donne in The Metaphysical Poets
* A Valediction: forbidding mourning
* The Sunne Rising
* The Relique
* Good Friday, 1613. Riding Westward
* Hymne to God my God, in my sicknesse
* Batter my heart
* This is my playes last scene

You, are, right....
meh.. ill just take the risk :)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
if they ask for a specific poem in gwen harwood my school is going to have to change it.. because classes have only done 4 poems and everyone has done different ones
but i dont think they would be too hard on us.. lets hope not

Tim_Shady

HSC
N/A
i hope that aint true... has that happened b4?

we studied all the poems in my school, but most of them (ok, all of them) were as boring as lawn bowls, so i only remember like 3 of them (father & child, glass jar and prize-giving)

u reckon this will be nough?

PeT_peT

HSC
My teacher told us that they have not asked about a specific poem in the past few HSC and she also said that if they do, frequently a copy of the poem would be given. But i don't know how accurate she is. so i guess we'll still have to study all 6!

clerisy

HSC
PeT_peT said:
My teacher told us that they have not asked about a specific poem in the past few HSC and she also said that if they do, frequently a copy of the poem would be given. But i don't know how accurate she is. so i guess we'll still have to study all 6!
Well, they have. Lion's post above is from the 2002 HSC, and they didn't give a copy of the poem there.

I don't really think they'll do it this year though. That might be wishful thinking though, so I figure better be prepared.

emma211

HSC
The Bored of Studies does have the right to ask you about all of the poems but my teacher said it is highly unlikely that they will do that. They never have but they could.

It's a good idea to have general knowledge of all the poems but ofcourse know a good few in detail.

dont stress too much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)