Wag the dog related material & notes!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

sarahskiiesss.

HSC
Hey, does anyone have any ideas of related material for the film Wag The Dog for Module C: Conflicting Perspectives?? or any notes f possible?? if so than it would be much appreciated if someone could help me out in this dilemma :)

insideout

HSC
OMG
THANK GOD SOMEONE ELSE IS DOING THIS FILM?
I got to do an essay on it soon and like i have no idea so happy to swap notes and ideas and stuff if anyone is also interested!

JeskaErin

HSC
I dont know if this helps.
But my class was discussing how there are conflicting perspectives both within the film and issues concearning it...
So within the film each character has a different insentive for why they are helping re-elect the president. so like winnifred is just doing it for her job while the film producer is doing it for fame and things like that so therfore their perspectives on the matter clash which is emphasised in several scenes. and then there are obvious conflictions between the CIA and the opposistion..etc

However you can also detail coflicting perspectives that surround the film so like people who watch the film that are in that line of work such as a president assistant might find the film offensive as their perspectives on the matter have not been put forward. Its a one sided perspective. its insulting

JeskaErin

HSC
Also related material is easy. You just have to look for issues that present different points of view. Just think of any political article so like September 11, the cronulla riots etc you can use the articles to discuss how it present conflicting perspectives as a result of the article.
Even with the recent tradgedy of Micheal Jackson and how some people are saying he was a drug addict and this angered alot of people etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)