Conflicting Perspective- Julian Assange HELP (1 Viewer)

rachelswims

HSC
Conflicting perspective and julian assange.

How has he been portrayed in the media?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
He's been portrayed in conflicting ways, depending on what kind of news story they're running. Sometimes there's the negative connotation because of the rape and sexual assault charges which are still being dealt with overseas (Norway, I dunno). Concurrently, news stories also analyse people's opinion of what Julian Assange and Wikileaks has done, which most people agree and support the transparency of government bodies and their dealings.

You could also take a look at the use of language and semantics and syntax within the media. For instance: I have heard news reports state that 'Assange denies sexual assault charges', which deliberately places him in a position of defense and makes us all believe the perspective that he's the bad-guy. They could of course rephrased the statement as 'Assange confirms his innocence amidst sexual assault allegations' - now with this language, there is a totally different perspective.

Hope any of that rambling helps.

K

khorne

Remember that there has to be actual conflicting perspectives in the article/documentary etc. Not just two different sources saying two different things.

twojawas

HSC
Remember that there has to be actual conflicting perspectives in the article/documentary etc. Not just two different sources saying two different things.
That isn't correct. The conflicting perspectives may occur in the same text but, as most often they will not, you will have to compare different texts.

Refer to http://hsc.csu.edu.au/english/advanced/representation/elect1/3689/julius_caesar.htm#nav2

Explore how these events have been represented by other composers in different contexts and different textual forms (mediums of production).

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
You get to do Julian Assange? Lucky. That's a topic I'm actually interested in. I'm stuck with this Ted Hughes stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)