Need help for Module C - Julius Caesar (1 Viewer)

Awkward_Ninja

HSC
Ok, so i'm doing Julius Caesar for Module C, and my English teacher took it upon himself to make this assessment different from the rest: A speech/oral presentation. But the whole speech part is the least of my worries at the moment.

Right now, my greatest concern is pulling together a 5 minute speech by Monday.
My related text that i chose is Thank You For Smoking, and i can see some parallels between them, but i find it hard to articulate my thoughts into some kind of tangible words.
I'm just terrible at starting speeches and essays, and that's the only real problem i ever have. Once i get started, i can go on for hours (which i unfortunately can't, due to time restrictions).

I've been trying to jot some points to get me started, but i'm finding it hard to elaborate on these.
So far, these are the points i'm trying to work off:
Julius Caesar
- Brutus', Cassius' and Antony's conflicting perspectives/opinions of Caesar.
- Brutus', Cassius' and Antony's conflicting perspectives/opinions of who should rule Rome

Thank You For Smoking
- Conflict within Naylor as he spins for the tobacco research place, while at the same time, trying to be a good role model for his son.
- Conflict within Lutch Lorne the dying ex-Marlboro man, as he is offered money in return for his silence (lobbying against cigarettes).

That's what i have so far, but i can't elaborate much more on that at the moment.

Does anyone have any ideas or hints?

Marko141

Premium Member
HSC
Ok, so i'm doing Julius Caesar for Module C, and my English teacher took it upon himself to make this assessment different from the rest: A speech/oral presentation. But the whole speech part is the least of my worries at the moment.

Right now, my greatest concern is pulling together a 5 minute speech by Monday.
My related text that i chose is Thank You For Smoking, and i can see some parallels between them, but i find it hard to articulate my thoughts into some kind of tangible words.
I'm just terrible at starting speeches and essays, and that's the only real problem i ever have. Once i get started, i can go on for hours (which i unfortunately can't, due to time restrictions).

I've been trying to jot some points to get me started, but i'm finding it hard to elaborate on these.
So far, these are the points i'm trying to work off:
Julius Caesar
- Brutus', Cassius' and Antony's conflicting perspectives/opinions of Caesar.
- Brutus', Cassius' and Antony's conflicting perspectives/opinions of who should rule Rome

Thank You For Smoking
- Conflict within Naylor as he spins for the tobacco research place, while at the same time, trying to be a good role model for his son.
- Conflict within Lutch Lorne the dying ex-Marlboro man, as he is offered money in return for his silence (lobbying against cigarettes).

That's what i have so far, but i can't elaborate much more on that at the moment.

Does anyone have any ideas or hints?
Flavius and Marellus first scene conflict the commoners its easy to talk about if you need to add more to make the 5 mins. ideally you want 3 mins on caesar and 2 on the related.

there is brutus and antony funerary speeches that conflict each other, its just what you find easy to put into pargraphs.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
You have plenty there to talk about.
Just use another example? You can spend 3 minutes quoting your text if you want. He won't mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)