Module C: History and Memory - To what extent has textual form..... HSC 2010 (1 Viewer)

Assemblage

HSC
for the upcoming trials i've tried to prepare for the exam with some past papers.
i came across: "to what extent has textual form shaped your understanding of History and Memory?"
my texts are:
- the Fiftieth Gate by Mark Baker (prescribed)
- Smithsonian Website (related)
I have no clue on even how to approach this question, let alone answer it.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
how come you are allowed to use another text from the same module . The smithsonian institute is another Hist and Mem text . are you allowed to use a text from the same module ? I didnt think you were allowed

Assemblage

HSC
really :S is the Smithsonian Institute another prescribed text?? my teacher seems to have nothing against it though...

HSC
i would answer it by relating how the many textual forms used in the fiftieth gate (genia and yossl's recounts/ commentaries, anecdotes from baker, documents, figurative writing (gate 21) etc) enrich or maximise the readers experience or knowledge of the subject matter.

you could say something along the lines of... "memories regularly interjected by bakers parents, genia and yossl, fill the void that history leaves behind, that is, emotion" and so on (that's a very unrefined statement, if you use it, try make it sound partially normal).

remember that as with most essays in this module, you must relate history and memory, in this case, how either of them (in their respective textual forms) shapes our understanding of the holocaust.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)