'The Queen' and History and Memory? (1 Viewer)

crimson_delight

HSC
Paper 2 is tomorrow, and now I'm freaking out.

I don't understand History and Memory, and how they are interchangeable, and how they represent various perspectives and whatever. I don't really get what this Module is asking ...

The interplay of personal experience and memory conjoined with documented evidence reflects how history is reshaped.

How does 'The Queen' portray the concept of history being a construct, inaccurate unless combined with personal experience and memory? I suppose it conveys Diana's death from a different perspective - which reshapes our understanding of this particular historical event - and the film obviously positions us to sympathise with the monarchy and the Queen herself. But how does this relate to History and Memory? That perhaps a figurehead such as the Queen can be represented throughout history as a different person, through the use of personal experience and personal memory? Frears positions the audience to sympathise with her; his purpose is to humanise her, right?

aksdjnfkadsjn I'm sorry this is so frustrating. I don't even know what I'm asking. If anyone has any particular good points to bring up about the film, or History and Memory in general, feel free to discuss here. If anyone has any particular good techniques or fantastic related texts that you think are beneficial, also feel free to discuss it here. I am just. No. The HSC is destroying me.

Gangstar1

HSC
hey thx on the reply on Yeats sry i do Julius Cesar but i think there was some essay for it on the resource section i think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)