Mod C prediction (of mine) (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
Take a look at this feedback from the marking centre from last year's HSC:

Now, noticed the highlighted part. Keeping in mind that last year was a single, generic Q for all texts in conflicting perspectives and then another single, generic Q for all texts in history and memory, why the hell would they point that out?

Could this be a hint from BOSTES that they might subvert from tradition and, thus, in Mod C this year, might do specific questions for each text, and thus for those of us doing poems for mod C, they might specify a poem? :O

i.e. I'm thinking they might give us mod b like questions for mod c. if that makes sense....

thoughts??

Reactions: QZP

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Oh wow, I get what you mean however it may be very unfair for those people because eg they cant specify something in Caesar. So it would be unfair for you guys doing those poems. I have that in mod A and my teacher said to treat the poems as "one" if that makes sense. I'm unsure if it applies here but yeah.

mreditor16

HSC
Oh wow, I get what you mean however it may be very unfair for those people because eg they cant specify something in Caesar. So it would be unfair for you guys doing those poems. I have that in mod A and my teacher said to treat the poems as "one" if that makes sense. I'm unsure if it applies here but yeah.
yeh, they could specify a scene/section in each text and a poem for those doing poetry.... :/

Dude.......they prolly specify the derp ones like minotaur and red lol
haha lol yep :D

Bear in mind that your text is just one of the many texts under the elective. Whilst Ted Hughes poems are the most pppular conflicting perspective texts, other text forms also exist-- and mod c usually has only 2 questions, one for cp and one for history and memory

mod c question usually covers the idea, not the text. As such, its very unlikely they would specify which poem. I think BOSTES is just making a general comment about people who focus on a lot of the set poems but go into some more in depth than others
yeh but what if they change it up, by giving a different question for each text :/ like in mod a and b

but yes your second paragraph is true. this is just a potential prediction of mine....

mreditor16

HSC
Even if they change it to a question on text you would need an understanding of how the idea is conveyed in that poem as opposed to mod b where you would need to demonstrate strong textual analysis of the text
same for mod a
but idk anything about the other poems set for study :/

emilios

HSC
Hey in my intro do I have to specify what poems I'm using? I draw quotes from pretty much all of them... Can I just say "Ted Hughes 1998 anthology Birthday Letters blah..." or do I have to be all like "The poems Sam, Your Paris. Minotaur and Fulbright Scholars.." like some kinda idiot

mreditor16

HSC
Hey in my intro do I have to specify what poems I'm using? I draw quotes from pretty much all of them... Can I just say "Ted Hughes 1998 anthology Birthday Letters blah..." or do I have to be all like "The poems Sam, Your Paris. Minotaur and Fulbright Scholars.." like some kinda idiot
ooh interesting Q - I personally have no idea.... people, thoughts? :/

Hi there444

HSC
For those who dont have poems in mod c, they have speeches, and for those who dont have that they have poems/speeches in mod B. So its not unfair for anyone. Taking me into consideration, I have 8 poems ~ 4 essays just for the poems.

emilios

HSC
For those who dont have poems in mod c, they have speeches, and for those who dont have that they have poems/speeches in mod B. So its not unfair for anyone. Taking me into consideration, I have 8 poems ~ 4 essays just for the poems.
i take it that's for mod b? so glad i didn't have speeches/poems in mod b...

if you're doing that (4 essays) for mod c though that's just silly.

mreditor16

HSC
Believe me I think this is really unlikely. If youre really worried then just memorise 2 additional tehniques from each poem. As I said already Mod C is the ideas so I dont think theyre gonna give a shit about indepth analysis, more about how thr analysis supports your argument

if they ask something like that, refer initially to the poem specified and bs for as long as you can. then link back to your own essay
good plan. but I cant execute that at all :/

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh, they could specify a scene/section in each text and a poem for those doing poetry.... :/

haha lol yep :D

yeh but what if they change it up, by giving a different question for each text :/ like in mod a and b

but yes your second paragraph is true. this is just a potential prediction of mine....

I'd die if they specified ....

More quotes to memorise :(

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I do the second. Maybe I'm just an idiot.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
They will never specify for Mod C.

I can't imagine them specifying a case for the Justice Game~

Kids would cry in the exam hall :haha:

Nek minnit.

wishingstars

HSC
Personally, I think their "ensure ALL set poems are studied" refers to having revised all of the poems so you get a well-rounded understanding of the Hughes/Plath relationship overall. Mod C is conflicting perspectives so I'm fairly sure they'll be more focused on whether you understand the ideas being conveyed whereas Mod B is critical study so anything's possible.
Just my two cents.
:)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
i dont think bos cbf writing 50 different questions specifying each chapter/poem of your text. probs mod b because its supposed to be critical study and you should have understanding of everything, but i think they only specified that so you have rounded understanding of text.

my mod c prediction for conflicting perspectives: q will be related to society

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)