Representing People and Power - Related Text (1 Viewer)

RoeCoops

HSC
Hey Guys,
Im having trouble finding an appropriate related text(s) for Module C. Our prescribed text is King Henry IV, Part 1, so I don't really know where to go from here... :confused: I've tried House of Cards, but couldnt really get what was going on because I dont have the time to watch all 3 seasons and etc.

Could anyone help at all? Any suggestions would be mighty helpful!

rachelm

HSC
N/A
I think you are right - House of Cards is too BIG.
I am making this up on the spot but I can imagine that Remember the Titans could work. I f you think I am off track just ignore me.
So, there is the new black coach and the old white one. There is genuine tension as the struggle for power and control occurs. You can see the characters trying to assert their power and try to control the situation. In the end the white coach defers to the black one when he recognises that it is right. The message is that a good man will recognise a better man and back off. This is repeated in the players themselves because they end up respecting the each other for their talents.
The point could be that political interaction ( the struggle for power and control, is a natural human instinct, but unlike Henry IV Part1, the film shows us that the struggle does not have to lead to war, but can lead to a new social order based on mutual respect.

Other film texts: Twelve Angry Men, Casablanca, Goodfellas, Election

RoeCoops

HSC
Thanks a bunch! I just read one of your other replies to Mod C and favourited it, and I was thinking 'gee this girl is smart!' haha and then you answered me! :)

I will check out this 'Remember the Titans' and also the others you requested :)

Thanks again :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)