Mod C Speech on Related Text (Representing People and Politics) (1 Viewer)

yoyo0904

HSC
For my Mod C assessment task its a speech on a chosen related text for "Wag the Dog" and my related text is "Dulce Et Decorum Est" by Wilfred Owen. The question for the speech is:

How does the composer of your related text represent political motivations and actions?

I am having serious trouble with the structure of the speech especially with how my thesis is to be formed and how to link political motivations and actions. Like are the political motivations and actions of the composers purpose or the government?? I am very confused :( Any help or ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!!!!!!!

Axio

=o
HSC
For my Mod C assessment task its a speech on a chosen related text for "Wag the Dog" and my related text is "Dulce Et Decorum Est" by Wilfred Owen. The question for the speech is:

How does the composer of your related text represent political motivations and actions?

I am having serious trouble with the structure of the speech especially with how my thesis is to be formed and how to link political motivations and actions. Like are the political motivations and actions of the composers purpose or the government?? I am very confused :( Any help or ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!!!!!!!
I think you could probably discuss both (or just one of) how the composers represent political motivations and actions of governments through the use of textual devices (eg. how would the composer demonstrate that a government is acting for their own self-interest?) and also how composers represent their own views of these political motivations and actions (eg. are they mocking politics through satire?).

With the general speech structure I'd make it very similar to an essay and have four body paragraphs discussing two ideas, one paragraph for each text (with some explicit mention of links/contrasts if possible).

Hope that helps a bit.

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
I remember commenting on this thread... but it's gone... hmm..

Anyway, just be advised that Dulce Et Decorum Est is a prescribed text for Module B in English Standard... I'm not sure if markers have an issue with that! But good luck nonetheless :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)