Genre in representation (1 Viewer)

tooyoungforthis

HSC
hi everyone

i've been trying to write some generic body paragraphs for this module but i'm stuck on one part of the rubric:

"Students develop their understanding of how the relationship between various textual forms, media of production and language choices influences and shapes meaning"

language choices is pretty self explanatory but i don't know how textual forms (so...genre?) and media of production come into the picture. Any suggestions? thank you!

haloooumi

HSC
Hi tooyoungforthis,

Textual form refers to the text type of the respective text, for example, a novel, a poem, a film, an artwork, and so on (so yes, very similar to genre).

On the other hand, medium of production refers to the media in which the text was produced, such as print medium (e.g. novel, poem) and visual medium (e.g. film, artwork).

As with language, both of these components have conventions. Whilst most composers follow them, others subvert them. Say your prescribed text is a poem. An example of a textual form convention would be stanzas, and an example of a medium of production convention would be the poem printed on paper, part of an anthology of poems by the poet.

In dissecting your texts in Module C, discuss the above three components, HOW the composer follows and/or subverts the conventions, as well as the EFFECT this has on the audience.

Hope that helps. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)