People and Politics (1 Viewer)

AznSupr

HSC
Would "Clockwork Orange" be a suitable representation of people and politics? (i will be using it as a related text) I was just wondering if anyone had any advice and opinions in regards to Anthony Burgess' edition and the module itself. (I.e. is it suitable? can it be linked well? are there any better options?) Kind regards.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes a "Clockwork Orange" would be a suitable related text.

What is your prescribed?

AznSupr

HSC
Yes a "Clockwork Orange" would be a suitable related text.

What is your prescribed?
Related text is Auden Poetry. Do you think it'll be more suitable to have a more comparative analysis of the texts to heighten the depth of the analysis or just integrate the related in a fashionable manner?
Also do you have any tips on the delegation of time whilst writing the essay? (In class my teacher said that we would be writing about two poems however not needing to go as in depth, though with related it would be a longer more in depth analysis linking to the topic; is this true?) Thank you :)

Clebby

HSC
Sorry haven't heard of Apocalypse now so can't advise you on how well it relates or not.
It's that Vietnam War movie with the famous seen of the Helicopters flying to 'Flight of the Valkyries'.

It's pretty good from what I remember, but the novella 'Heart of Darkness' by Joseph Conrad which the film is based on is better IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)